|Job Ref:||204641566||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Gillingham||Address:||Post Code:||NR34||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:58|
Position Commercial Manager|
Location Gillingham, Kent
Salary £ Highly Competitive
My client are a large main contractor that are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to support their growing business in the South East.
Based in their regional office in Gillingham, the Commercial Manager will provide Commercial leadership across a number of projects based in the South, South East and London areas. Typically the Commercial Manager will lead post-contract commercial teams over multiple projects or a single large project, to optimise the projects` net profitability and cash performance.
As the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide accurate forecasts of activity and net margin
- Attend all Project meetings as required
- Prepare and agree procurement plan and schedule aligned to target production programmes.
- Prepare the appointment of design consultants
- Administer the subcontract procurement process.
- Sign agreements up to POA level.
- Advise senior management on commercial and contractual position under main contract.
- Lead the valuation and final account process.
- Lead on the administration of subcontract agreements.
- Lead on the resolution of disputes above an agreed level.
- Authorise subcontract payments.
- Comply with monthly reporting cycle.
- Lead on, engage in and provide commercial information for objective point review meetings.
- Ensure that the projects adhere to the financial rules of reporting.
- Undertake appraisals and make recommendations to line management over staff-related issues.
- Lead on performance management issues.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- A good leader who remains calm under pressure
- Having strong commercial awareness and a focus on results
- Having deep technical, legal and commercial knowledge
- Creates and maintains strong relationships internally and externally
- RICS / CIOB professional membership
You have to be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on (Apply online only) or alternatively please send in a CV