|Job Ref:||204641346||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chingford||Address:||Salary:||£42000 - £47000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:58|
This trustworthy and respected Contractor are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to work on a number of projects, including New Build, High End Residential, Commercial, Structural and Enabling Works.
Founded over 25 years ago this contractor has an enviable reputation of client retention. They are committed to developing long-term relationships, with 70% of turnover coming from repeat business. Many of these clients have returned time and time again for the last 20 years.
The Quantity Surveyor will join a team who are currently in a period of growth and expansion, you will become a vital part of this and opportunities for progression will open up in the near future for those that are dedicated and hard working. Projects range in value, typically around 0.5 million mark, with larger developments up to £15 million.
* Budget preparation for projects.
* Cost value statements.
* Subcontractor payments.
* Prepare quantified measures from drawings.
* Analyse direct labour 'Labour Return sheets'.
* Produce breakdowns from tender submissions - labour, material, plant etc.
* Cash flow projections.
* General QS duties to give clear financial management of projects.
Mixture of Office based and site based.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will need to have demonstrable experience across either High End Residential or Commercial and be willing to grow and develop with the team.
3+ Years' Quantity Surveying Experience
* Commercial awareness.
* Ability to communicate at all levels both at written and verbal levels.
* Presentable with a relaxed and professional appearance.
* Outgoing personality.
* To be able to manage rather than be managed.
* To be prepared to engage.
* Weekend working and late hours as required.
* Other key personal skills to discuss.
The opportunity for the Quantity Surveyor to develop a long-term career, you will be an integral and vital part of a team as opposed to just another number.
* £42,000 - £47,000
* Discretionary Bonus
* Car Allowance
If you are a Quantity Surveyor based in London, looking at your career options, then please contact Andrew Clarke at Brandon James.
(Apply online only)