|Job Ref:||204640995||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Watford||Address:||Post Code:||NN6||Salary:||£40000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:58|
• Good knowledge of Construction industry, products and systems relevant to areas of responsibility.
• Test procedures and requirements for construction products
• Physical testing
• Good computer skills including Word, Power point, Excel and email
• Strong planning, organisational skills and report writing skills
• Evidence of managing and conducting tests in compliance with relevant procedures, requirements and regulations
• Able to judge the technical integrity and soundness of test results
• Effective communication.
• Tenacity, inquisitive nature, confidence in dealing with clients.
• Strong relationship building skills
• Flexibility, accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to optimise the use of resources to meet tight deadlines
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in the construction industry
• Experience at a managerial level, with emphasis on the testing of a wide range of construction products
• Managing and organising a range of resources, including staff
• Minimum HNC/HND or equivalent within a relevant technical discipline
• COSSH training
• Knowledge of ISO 17025 and UKAS accreditation
• Development and commissioning of test equipment, facilities and procedures from technical specifications and Standards
• Experience of recruiting, inducting and training staff.
• Experience within a laboratory/testing environment at a supervisory level
• Degree in relevant subject
• A management qualification
• Membership of a relevant technical/professional body
• Manage, including setting objectives, 1 to 1 meetings, performance appraisals etc.
• Manage day to day activities of the team in respect of workloads, KPI's, SLA, targets and objectives.
• Ensure that direct reports and contractors fulfil their job descriptions and work effectively and efficiently.
• Work with the Head of Test in ensuring the delivery of individual and team performance objectives.
• Identify learning, development and training requirements for direct reports and work with relevant staff to develop these.
• Undertake or assist in the resolution of disciplinary, grievance and other staff-related investigations.
• Within budget, recommend staff for job progression and salary increases.
• Within agreed plans and budgets, determine priorities, scheduling of work and use of resources.
• Allocate work to appropriately qualified, competent staff with sufficient capacity to meet customer expectations
• Constantly review and balance workloads to minimise overloading and work shortages
• Constantly review the efficiency and effectiveness of the sample request and disposal process
• Constantly look for process improvements to maximise efficiency and minimise waste.
• Review and continually improve the utilisation, housekeeping and cleanliness of laboratory and storage areas
• Schedule test work and maximise the output and utilisation of facilities
• Monitor manpower levels to ensure that staff numbers meet, as best as possible, peaks and troughs in demand whilst maintaining customer satisfaction
• Ensure compliance with all relevant health & safety requirements
• Review, maintain and update procedures and operator sheets
• Ensure all relevant test facilities, procedures and record sheets comply with UKAS accreditation
• Advise customers and colleagues on the most appropriate method of measuring and testing products, mindful of the company's existing skills and resources.
• Design and build novel solutions to test products efficiently, including the procurement of bespoke and proprietary facilities
• Advise on test report content
• Review reports and supporting data to ensure data is justifiable, meaningful and coherent.
• Authorise the issue of acceptable reports and results
Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the Operations Manager is to manage the Test Department and support the Head of Test in delivering directorate/team budgets through the management of the Test team. The job holder will be expected to manage the day to day activities of the Test Department, maximising efficiency and ensuring that all staff are working effectively and to the best of their ability. You will be expected to highlight any performance or training requirements as required. Working closely with our PAC and Technical Excellence departments you will help strengthen and build inter departmental relationships. Within this role you will also be required to organise and schedule tests, improve documentation as well as devise and implement test solutions.
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency or Business for this vacancy