|Job Ref:||204640921||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Witham||Address:||Post Code:||CM8||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:58|
Just Recruitment are looking for a shipping Assistant for our client based in Witham.|
Key tasks and skills of the job:
* Comprehensive knowledge and ability in packing of customer orders in a manner deemed fit for transportation by road, air and sea.
* Knowledge and operation of various couriers shipping software packages used to process shipments e.g. UPS, DHL & TNT.
* Full working knowledge of company legacy systems COPS & Avante.
* Understanding of Export requirements and procedures, incoterms, & the export process.
* Producing commercial Export documentation from legacy systems COPS & Avante and also 3rd party software packages.
* Familiarisation with proof of export procedures & Trade Compliance requirements.
* Co-ordinating export shipments with TE Customer Services worldwide through email & telephone.
* Daily invoicing of shipped orders on legacy systems.
* Performing of regular Stock Audits, Stocktaking and correct location auditing.
* Using Mechanical Handling Equipment i.e. fork lift trucks, powered pallet stacker to move goods around.
* Awareness of EH&S issues i.e. Risk assessments.
* Ensure that all daily shipping targets are achieved.
* To carry out any other duties as requested by the Compliance and Despatch Supervisor.
Qualifications & specialist training required:
* Training will be provided.
* Prior experience with warehouse despatching and export shipping an advantage
Particular skill / aptitude required:
* Flexibility in both hours worked and tasks carried out in the Logistics areas would be required at times of workload changes.
* Working on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Good communication skills.
* Good numeracy, literacy and organisational skills
* Physically fit and able to lift and move heavy packages and objects
* Commitment and flexibility to possible changes to business needs
* Forklift Counter Balance License.
If you are interested in this position please contact Sadie Gore on (Apply online only) or email