|Job Ref:||204640886||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50 - £60/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:58|
Site Manager - New Build Main Contractor - Central London|
My Client is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where they work, live and play. They operate (globally) across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, Hotels, transport and utilities.
The successful candidate will be joining a strong existing management team, with the objective being to increase the range of experience and number of site managers within the department, to manage the future secured workload on new build and refurbishment projects.
• Carry out 'toolbox talks' in line with the work areas programme and maintain records
• Monitor reportable accidents and ensure correct paperwork is submitted to appropriate personnel
• Identify the need for Risk Assessments / Safe Systems of work and implement in your area whilst maintaining records
• Manage and implement H&S procedures including the weekly audit process and ensuring all registers and documentation are entered correctly and in a timely manner
• Deliver changes to current working practices and procedures to provide service improvements through negotiation and consultation with recognised employee representatives, whilst ensuring effective employee relations
• Understand budgets, valuations and costs whilst recognising contractual requirements
• Control and monitor the use of all resources including sub-contractors to maximise efficiency and minimise costs
• Ensure the timely delivery of MI, project reporting and forecasting
• Support the procurement functions in the selections of sub-contractors and suppliers and provide performance feedback
• Ensure that adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to Site Managers reports, daily diary, weekly labour, plant, materials and goods returned, progress photographs, site inductions, and health and safety records
• Resolve problems and implementing actions
• People managing responsibilities
About the Requirements:
The right candidate would have general contracting experience, preferably from a range of different contract types, including traditional contracts and design & build, Experience will need to cover ground works, drainage, through to steel and concrete frame construction, external envelopes and internal works, leading to a high quality finished product. New build in Hotels and refurbishment experience would be ideal.
Other qualities will include a keen commercial sense, the ability to think proactively, the capability to manage a site team effectively and the desire to achieve high standards of workmanship at all times.
The right candidate would negotiate a very attractive remuneration package, whilst also benefiting from potential long term stability; from a company that seeks to continually improve its relationships with employees, clients, consultants and subcontractors alike