|Job Ref:||204639644||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Salary:||£25000/annum Benefits Package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:58|
Cordant Recruitment are working on the behalf of a well established manufacturing business recruiting for an experienced Estimator to join their technical team |
Our client produces, supplies & installs:
* Fascia, Soffit & Copings
* Rainwater Gutters & Downpipes
* Building Drainage
* Civil Drainage
Estimator Job Specification
Provide estimating and product expertise on Rainwater & Drainage Products.
Translate enquiries into orders and contribute to the overall delivery of revenue and margin aspirations of the company.
Work together with the sales team to deliver Rainwater & Drainage projects. Identify and exploit opportunities to strengthen relationships with key customers which are regularly involved in Rainwater & Drainage projects.
* Responding to enquiries requesting pricing information for the Rainwater, Drainage and other product ranges.
* Regular review of competitor pricing levels for feedback to sales and Senior management teams
* Performing take-off of quantities for the companies products and assigning monetary valuations.
* Writing reports and other formal modes of response to miscellaneous enquiries.
* Issuing indicative details, specifications and data sheets
* Visiting customers with the Business Manager, at their own premises or at site, to secure specification / order.
* Answering Estimating/ product queries on the telephone regarding the company's Rainwater, Drainage and other products and the environment in which they are to be installed
* Monitoring and ensuring the timely response to information requests from all internal estimating staff.
* Monitoring and reporting of Estimating enquiry levels.
* Support of the Internal & External Sales Teams
* Communicate with colleagues to manage, track and close projects and ensure that we are providing the best possible service levels.
* A detailed review of bills of material and item costs will be required to identify opportunities for increasing profit margin.
* Other related duties would include input into technical and marketing literature in relation to product offer details, competitor product information and pricing levels.
Qualifications / Experience / Technical Skills:
* A knowledge of Construction product estimation in a business to business environment
* Detailed technical knowledge to assist customers in the correct selection and application of products and to value engineer solutions through strong understanding of product and manufacturing capabilities on construction products, preferably Rainwater & Drainage products.
* Sound commercial acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist the closing of sales opportunities.
* A high degree of professionalism and a good understanding of marketplace dynamics in relation to client, architect, specifier, contractor and merchant relationships is required, with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.
* Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside Area Sales Managers priorities to deliver customer service excellence.
* Competent IT skills are critical, reporting and analysing ability is a key requirement of this role, a thorough understanding of gross margin and discount structures are pivotal. Project logging and reporting to line manager and other senior managers is required. Training of the companies CRM system (Navision) will be given but candidate must already have experience with such systems in particular SOP and POP.
Mon-Thurs: 8.30am-17.00pm - 30 minutes lunch break.
Fri: 8.30am-16.00pm - 30 minutes lunch break.
Weekly Hours: 39 Hours per week.
33Days inc. Bank Holidays - a proportion of which are to taken during the Christmas shutdown (4-5 days)
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy