|Job Ref:||204639474||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Apsley||Address:||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:58|
My client is an industry leader in the housing and property development sector. They are amongst the top three most profitable private development companies.
We are looking for a Chartered Structural Engineer The position is to be based in Hemel Hempstead and working within the in-house engineering design team working on prestigious commercial and residential projects across the South East.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Prepare alternative structural schemes for the company's projects.
• Site Investigations
• Undertake trial hole investigations to enable foundation types and general arrangements to be established for company projects.
• Where ground conditions and size of the project dictates, additional investigation is required in the form of borehole and specialist reporting, the Engineer shall proceed accordingly.
• Where appropriate Undertake surveys of adjourning existing buildings to enable condition survey reports to be drafted.
• Prepare said conditional survey reports.
• Where applicable prepare or assist in the preparation of structural design calculations for submission for Building Warrant and where appropriate, other external bodies. This will also involve producing design calculations and details for Project Technicians for producing construction working drawings.
Attending Site Meetings
• Attend site meetings with or without the principal engineer.
• Visit site on a regular basis, frequency as agreed with the Principal Engineer and may or may not be accompanied, to help ensure that the works are being undertaken in accordance with the construction drawings.
• Participate in the checking and approval of specialist suppliers fabrications drawings for compliance with the engineers drawings and design intent.
Design Team meetings
Attend site meetings with or without the principal engineer.
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of designer risk assessments for company projects.
• Keep up to date with current CDM issues and recent developments.
As a chartered structural engineer working on buildings structures in the UK you will be familiar ideally with residential and commercial projects. You will be able to work as part of a team and offer innovative and practical design solutions to the challenges of the role.
Qualifications and training
It is an essential requirement that you are a Chartered Structural Engineer. We can offer outstanding career prospects, an excellent remuneration package and benefits.
£50K- £60K negotiable. Plus benefits...
• Annual discretionary bonus (generally up to 10% of salary)
• Annual salary reviews.
• Business mileage paid as per our mileage allowance (not home to work mileage) - 40p per mile
• Life assurance - (on commencement) Twice the annual salary with the option to increase to four times the salary for a nominal charge through our salary sacrifice scheme.
• Private Medical Insurance cover (on commencement)
• 25 days holiday per year (3 days to be taken over the Christmas holiday period). 1 additional day after 3 years, 1 additional day after 5 years, 1 additional day after 10 years. The option to buy or sell holiday (up to 5 days) also exists
• Hours of work - Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.30pm.
• The Company operates a tax efficient Salary Sacrifice pension scheme that will match contributions of up to 5%
• The Company will also provide access to a flexible benefits portal where discounted shopping vouchers, holiday discounts, reduced gym membership are also available.
• The Company will provide a company smartphone, laptop, PPE etc.
If you are interested in this role or want to find out more then please get in touch with Zoe (Apply online only)