|Job Ref:||204639002||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||HP11||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:57|
My client is an industry leader in the housing and property development sector. They are amongst the top three most profitable private development companies. The Group currently turns over £250m per annum and with new developments constantly in the pipeline, they continue to be in an exciting time of growth and expansion. Depending on the economic climate, they aim to double the Group's turnover within the next five years. |
Based at their Buckinghamshire project and reporting directly into the Commercial Manager, this position will be rewarded with excellent career progression opportunities, personal involvement on some of the most exciting and challenging projects in the South East, together with an excellent remuneration package for an ambitious individual who is keen to work on their exciting projects.
Key tasks & responsibilities
• General project coordination and administration.
• Preparation of initial site budgets.
• Liaison, co-ordination with other departments regarding development works including engineers, surveyors, buyers, interiors and the construction team.
• Preparation of subcontract tender documents.
• Negotiation of subcontract packages.
• Chairing and preparation of minutes for Subcontract pre-order meetings.
• Preparation of subcontract documentation.
• Subcontract payments, variation claims and final account settlement.
• Measurement, calculation and preparation of direct labour prices.
• Processing payment of direct labour wages.
• Coordination with contractors on site.
• Site visits and inspections.
• Liaison with external consultants with regard to cost issues.
• Payment of utility services as required.
• Obtain risk assessments, method statements and safety documentation from subcontractors.
• Taking off and scheduling of materials for passing to buyers for ordering.
• Preparation of monthly cost reports for submission to Directors.
• Preparation of external valuations for finance reporting and funding agreements.
• Continuous financial advice throughout project to Site Management team.
• Attendance of fortnightly Project Review meetings.
• Ensuring cost control on site throughout the development programme to completion.
• Maintaining site files and records.
• Ensuring correct cost coding of project costs.
• Such other duties, reasonably consistent with the foregoing, as may be required.
You will be a driven individual with a working knowledge of JCT forms of contract and have proven cost management and project administration abilities on your own projects. To be successful, you will be a team player, self-motivated and able to work using his/her own initiative. Experience of MS Excel and Word is essential. Relevant industry qualifications are essential as is experience on UK house building developments.
Salary would between £45-£60K p.a plus benefits below...
• Annual discretionary bonus (generally up to 10% of salary)
• Annual salary reviews.
• Business mileage paid as per our mileage allowance (not home to work mileage) - 40p per mile
• Life assurance - (on commencement) Twice the annual salary with the option to increase to four times the salary for a nominal charge through our salary sacrifice scheme.
• Private Medical Insurance cover (on commencement)
• 25 days holiday per year (3 days to be taken over the Christmas holiday period). 1 additional day after 3 years, 1 additional day after 5 years, 1 additional day after 10 years. The option to buy or sell holiday (up to 5 days) also exists
• Hours of work - Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.30pm.
• The Company operates a tax efficient Salary Sacrifice pension scheme that will match contributions of up to 5%
• The Company will also provide access to a flexible benefits portal where discounted shopping vouchers, holiday discounts, reduced gym membership are also available.
• The Company will provide a company smartphone, laptop, PPE etc.
If you are interested in this role or want to find out more then please get in touch with Zoe (Apply online only)