|Job Ref:||204638964||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:57|
Exciting opportunity for a newly qualified building surveyor|
About the role
We are seeking a junior building surveyor to work on affordable housing / housing association projects. This role will be based in Camden but will involve travel to projects in North and East London.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Local Government Health & Property is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
What you will do
* Carry out post-works inspections on a proportion of completed works to assess quality of work, value for money and tenant satisfaction.
* Pre-inspect reported repairs to diagnose defects and assess their degree of urgency
* Prepare specifications and cost estimates for works as required.
* Liaise with the local authority over any Environmental Health notices that may be served in accordance with procedures and target times.
* Liaise with contractors to ensure satisfactory progress, high standards of workmanship and target dates are being met.
* Project manage and prepare detailed specifications.
* Carry out periodic inspections of works whilst on site to ensure that work is being carried out satisfactorily.
* Liaise with clients Staff to ensure that residents are informed of progress.
* Project manage the works whilst on site, attending snagging, final inspection and dealing with resultant defects.
* Prepare specifications and liaise with Insurers in relation to insurance claims and supervise the works whilst on site
* Attend Capita & Client resident meetings when required (this may include evening meetings).
* Maintain compliance with Health and Safety legislation in all areas managed.
* Keep up-to-date with building regulations, technical methods, materials, statutory requirements and good practice.
* Carry out stock condition surveys on residential & commercial properties.
Your experience will include
* Demonstrable experience in building defect diagnosis and stock condition surveys.
* Have a good understanding of the principles of Building Contracts relevant to Building Maintenance.
* Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Building Regulations and relevant Building/Housing legislation.
* A working knowledge of building construction, building maintenance techniques and building contract law and administration.
* Ability to prepare specifications and schedules of work for building related maintenance, refurbishment and new build works.
* A thorough knowledge of the Building Regulations and other relevant legislation.
* A working knowledge of the Construction Design & Management Regulations and all other primary Health & Safety Regulations relating to maintenance and construction works.
* Ability to commission and assess specialist reports.
* Ability to deal with and provide advice on a range of building related matters.
* Proven ability to supervise contractors and monitor performance.
* Ability to supervise assistant surveyor and provide advice and support where required.
* Good computer skills, including proficiency in the use of excel and word Windows basedapplications.
* Ability to prioritise and manage own workload and work with the minimum of supervision
* Good project management and coordination skills
* Ability to work within small flexible team of professional/technical staff.
* Degree level Qualification in Building Surveying or similar
* Proven GCSE results or similar
* MRICS or MCIOB member desirable
* Full UK driving license.
* To be able to climb ladders, scaffolds and other access equipment for the purpose of inspections
What's in it for you
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you generous annual leave entitlement, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us