|Job Ref:||204638016||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Burton Latimer||Address:||Post Code:||NN15||Salary:||£21000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:39|
Job Title: Estimator |
Department: Technical Department
Working Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8.30am-17.00pm - 30 minutes lunch break.
Fri: 8.30am-16.00pm - 30 minutes lunch break.
• Responding to enquiries requesting pricing information for a variety of product ranges.
• Regular review of competitor pricing levels for feedback to sales and Senior management teams
• Performing take-off of quantities for the company products and assigning monetary valuations.
• Writing reports and other formal modes of response to miscellaneous enquiries.
• Issuing indicative details, specifications and data sheets
• Visiting customers with the ASM / Business Manager, at their own premises or at site, to secure specification / order.
• Answering Estimating/ product queries on the telephone regarding the companys Rainwater, Drainage and Skyline products and the environment in which they are to be installed
• Monitoring and ensuring the timely response to information requests from all internal estimating staff.
• Monitoring and reporting of Estimating enquiry levels.
• Support of the Internal & External Sales Teams
• Communicate with colleagues to manage, track and close projects and ensure that we are providing the best possible service levels.
• A detailed review of bills of material and item costs will be required to identify opportunities for increasing profit margin.
• Other related duties would include input into technical and marketing literature in relation to product offer details, competitor product information and priciong levels.
Qualifications / Experience / Technical Skills
• A knowledge of Construction product estimation in a business to business environment
• Detailed technical knowledge to assist customers in the correct selection and application of products and to value engineer solutions through strong understanding of product and manufacturing capabilities on construction products, preferrably Rainwater & Drainage products.
• Sound commercial acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist the closing of sales opportunities.
• A high degree of professionalism and a good understanding of marketplace dynamics in relation to client, architect, specifier, contractor and merchant relationships is required, with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.
• Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside Area Sales Managers priorities to deliver customer service excellence.
• Competent IT skills are critical, reporting and analysing ability is a key requirement of this role, a thorough understanding of gross margin and discount structures are pivotal. Project logging and reporting to line manager and other senior managers is required. Training of the companies CRM system (Navision) will be given but candidate must already have experience with such systems in particular SOP and POP.
If you believe this could be you, please contact us directly to discuss the role further:
Telephone: (Apply online only) (Please ask for Angela Bailey or Naomi Penn)
Please note: Due to large number of applications, we will not be able to respond to unsuccessful candidates at this time