|Job Ref:||204638707||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:38|
Design Manager required for this highly successful medium sized Main Contractor working on a 200+ room Boutique Hotel development in Central London. As their flagship project it will be recognised within the industry and press coverage as partnered with a highly regarded Architectural and Interior design practice revered for their high spec finishes. The project is expected to run for 11 months, beyond that they have many other projects throughout London which you could move onto.|
This contractor is a true success story, well financed with string growth in new build, extension and refurbishment works in Hotels, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Leisure, and Residential schemes. You would be joining them at a great time and a
You will be a Design Manager or experienced Project Architect with a proven background in New Build Construction and a history of successful site delivery, responsible for projects being built to the required high standards and managing the relationships well to get the best out of all parties involved. This is an excellent platform to develop a career within main contracting if you wish to stay long term and for the right individual.
* Good knowledge of the design process, at commercial and construction design stages with a main contractor.
* Understands the RIBA plan of work
* Good all round technical knowledge.
* Understands the planning process.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to manage consultant's scope and budget.
* Proven experience of managing design.
* Working knowledge of building regulations.
* Understands the principles of Building Contract and Consultant Contracts
* Very good knowledge of field of expertise
* Good knowledge of the regulatory environment
* Very good understanding of the Design & Build process
* Good knowledge of contractual issues related to consultants
* Good presentation skills
* Management of meeting process
* Ability to build a team
* Capacity to manage and develop a team
* Comprehensive negotiation skills
Applications welcomed from proven Design Managers or experienced Project Architects who feel they can make the step on.
Interviewing immediately so If you are interested in this role, or perhaps know a colleague who may be suitable, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Jason Burgess directly for an interview on 01 (Apply online only)