|Job Ref:||204644317||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Alton||Address:||Post Code:||GU34||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:14|
Duties and Responsibilities|
You will be part of a team working on developing the current internal systems and/or incorporating new technologies to meet particular needs; testing both hard and software systems, and diagnosing and resolving system faults.
When required, you will make recommendations for future developments.
• Maintain and updating existing internal and external systems
• Developing new solutions as required by the business
• Analysing user requirements.
• Researching, designing and writing new software programs.
• Testing new programs and fault finding.
• Evaluating the software and systems.
• Integrating existing software products with external solutions.
• Creating technical specifications and test plans.
• Writing and testing code and then refining and rewriting as necessary.
• Writing operational documentation.
• Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
• Working closely with other staff.
• Help out in all IT-related activities as required.
Skills and Experience
• Knowledge of computer systems and technologies.
• Technical competency.
• The ability to communicate with clients, colleagues and management to explain complex issues clearly and concisely.
• A meticulous and organised approach to work.
• A logical, analytical and creative approach to problems.
• Thoroughness and attention to detail.
• Business and commercial awareness.
• The ability to work both in a team and alone and to manage your own workload.
• Career motivation and a willingness to continue to further your knowledge and skills.
• An ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly.
• An awareness of current issues affecting the industry and its technologies.
The ideal person will be technically minded with exceptional interpersonal skills and natural attention to detail. An excellent communicator, this person will have the ability to question non-technical colleagues about technical issues in order to quickly diagnose the problem and communicate the solution in a timely fashion. In return we can offer progression in a growing IT department at the heart of a successful and growing company.
• PHP5+: 2 years+
• CakePHP: 2 year+
• MySQL: 1 year+
• Nodejs: 1 year+
• System Administration (CentOS 5/Red Hat 5/Ubuntu 10): A distinct advantage but must be able to demonstrate ability to use the Linux CLI.
• Netbeans: ideal but not essential
• CSS/XHTML: 12 years+
• 22 days holiday
• Free parking on-site
• Free Health Insurance
• Company Share Scheme
• Pension Scheme