|Job Ref:||204643442||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:14|
What we do|
Our business, Shareholder solutions, is part of a wider division called Capita Asset Services.
The name for our division, Capita Asset Services, was chosen because it most closely describes what all the different businesses do - we service assets and help our clients manage, protect and grow their businesses.
Shareholder solutions provide share administration services to companies large and small.
The Oracle Developer is responsible for designing/analysing code, implementing and maintaining PRISM software within agreed standards in order to meet business requirements. The role involves working closely with Business Analysts (BA) and System Analysts (SA) and Test throughout the SDLC.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Engage with BA's and SA's to translate technical requirements in to implementation.
* Code, configure, correct, and document applications/ code enhancements which meet defined specifications in accordance with standards and guidelines
* Work with existing Data Architect to assist in the design of the Physical Data Model (based on the Logical Data Model)
* To create mappings between PDM and LDM
* Supply Oracle development assistance and guidance where needed, for project and business as usual changes
* Ensure interface specifications are included in completed deliverable.
* Adhere to development methodologies, coding standards and security policies set by the CIO Office; adhere to Solution Design/Development CoE standards
* Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications, including from our Offshore development partner
* Ensure all code in software configuration management tool adheres to SCM standards and perform unit testing and review output evidence with test.
Qualifications and Skills
* Proficient in PL/SQL development on Oracle 11g
* Experience of database administration, installation and configuration
* Experience with unit testing frameworks
* Expert knowledge of SQL Developer and Toad Tools, including query optimization tools like Code Expert and Oracle analyser
* Fluent in the Windows platform and use of command windows, batch files, UNC paths, RDP, ODBC setup etc.
* Solid technical expertise in the relevant applications / technologies that support the LoB
* Requires knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures within Team Foundation Server (TFS)
* Ability to understand both business and technical drivers
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us