|Job Ref:||204643407||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Mitcham||Address:||Post Code:||CR4||Salary:||£17.00 - £19.50/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:34|
My client, a local authority in South London, is looking for an IT Engineer to work on an initial 2 month contract basis. |
* Provide technical expertise to install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitoring and maintain corporate desk top, server infrastructure, networks and voice operational systems and services within the Council.
* Work on a number of different large and diverse projects and incidents at the same time and work in a position of constant change and manage conflicting priorities and moving deadlines.
* Support by assisting with the monitoring, maintenance and installation of systems to agreed standards of quality and customer satisfaction.
* Ensure all incidents are responded to and resolved within the agreed service levels.
Knowledge Experience and Skills
* Has good knowledge of all aspects of PABX, VOIP, Window (MCP) and Unix Servers and desktop devices including Citrix
* Can demonstrate meeting targets and a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Has practical knowledge of configuration management of systems, including the monitoring of strengths and weaknesses.
* Possesses strong inter-personal skills, especially in handling contacts of all types and at all levels.
* Is able to obtain information from business people in face to face situations, and to analyse information on users' occupational tasks obtained by a variety of formal and informal means.
* Is effective and persuasive in both written and verbal communication at all levels and is able to ensure that advice regarding the technical specialism is acted upon.
* Excellent organiser of time and tasks.
* Has good listening, verbal, written and presentation skills
* Can demonstrate experience and knowledge of methods and techniques for assessing and managing risk, and implementing contingency arrangements to counter serious disruption of services.
* Proficient in project quality and risk management, coordination and planning.
* Has proven project and people management skills with knowledge of own organisation's policy framework and management structures.
* Demonstrates the special leadership skills needed to handle innovation and change resulting from the implementation of new information and communications technology solutions.
* Is expert in the methods and techniques for eliciting the context of use, user needs, analysing context of use and generating user requirements
* Has the personal presence and track record to communicate effectively and command respect from staff at all levels.
* Has worked in a large diverse organisation with a range of different IT skills
Training and Qualifications (any one of the following)
* Degree or equivalent in IT
* Has attained MCP
* Has attained CCNA qualifications
* Has attained VMware certified professional qualification
Please contact Danny Eccles at Service Care Solutions for more information or to apply. Alternatively if this role isn't for you, we do offer a referral bonus of £250 for every new candidate you refer to us that we place in a position for more than 13 weeks. That's £250 just for forwarding a job advert to a friend