|Job Ref:||204643340||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Salary:||£0 - £44.00/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:34|
A well-known Defence Company requires a Systems Test Engineer to work on 12 month contract basis in Warton, Lancashire. |
Successful candidates will be required to go through Security Clearance if they do not already hold it and therefore will have needed to have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. Due to the nature of the project, we cannot consider dual nationals.
A vacancy exists within the Systems Integration Test team in the Typhoon Engineering Support Subsystem (ESS) project for a senior engineer to work as part of a team responsible for the testing of the ESS product to prove that it meets contracted functionality. The ESS is an information System with Oracle RDBMS and client software developed using MS Visual Studio.
The job holder's responsibilities will include;
- Producing system level tests and running these tests for ESS product releases
- Ensuring all work is compliant with Company Standards and Procedures & SHE Legislation
- Producing evidence to demonstrate to the customer that the ESS meets contracted functionality.
- Producing automated test scripts such that tests are accurate and repeatable
- Provide support to less experienced engineers within the System Integration Test team
- Identify possible process improvements within ESS
- Provide support to software developers and support engineers during ESS problem investigations
- The candidate will ideally have experience of developing test procedures that are traceable to specification.
- Experience using relational databases such as Oracle is useful but not essential.
- Good communication and team working skills are essential.
- Experience using SQLPlus and Rational Robot are desirable.
This position provides an opportunity for in depth experience of the System Integration Test part of the ESS Engineering Lifecycle whilst having good visibility and exposure to the Concept, Design, Development & Support parts of the Engineering Lifecycle