|Job Ref:||204641589||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brislington||Address:||Post Code:||BS4||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:15|
Negotiable DOE + Excellent benefits package and working conditions
Our client a prestigious Information Technology company based in Bristol is seeking an enthusiastic software engineer, keen to contribute to the on-going success of the Toolchain for their signature product.
• Working with a highly collaborative agile team to develop, test and maintain linker and binary utilities for various PlayStation® platforms that will be used by game development studios worldwide.
• Working with our Developer Services team, providing second-line support to quickly find fixes or workarounds for issues encountered by game developers.
• Interacting with other teams working on other areas of the SDK such as the runtime libraries, compiler, debugger, or profiler.
Who we are looking for
• BSc in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Excellent knowledge of C++.
• Practical experience of Python.
• Knowledge of x86/ARM disassembly.
• Excellent self-organisation skills
• Strong communication skills; a good standard of spoken and written English
• Ability to work as part of an agile team, participating in planning meetings, code reviews, and paired programming.
• An understanding of how assemblers, linkers, compilers, debuggers and performance analysis tools work.
• Knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Experience of working in an agile team.
• Understanding of test-driven development.
• Knowledge of file formats such as ELF, DWARF.
• Knowledge of open source toolchains such as LLVM, GCC.
• Knowledge tools and systems such as Visual Studio, Jenkins,
• Some experience of C++ game development would be an advantage
• Fluent in English
As soon as possible
No visa support will be given