|Job Ref:||204641190||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£34620 - £42313/annum £34,620 - £42,313 per annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:34|
IT Manager (Applications) |
Salary: £34,620 - £42,313 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours between the hours of 8am until 6pm
Location: West Didsbury, Manchester
Benefits: Include competitive pension, single person healthcare, childcare vouchers
Closing date: Wednesday 28th September 2016
About our company:
Imagine if your job was to help people achieve their aspirations. Their visions of having a place to call their own fulfilled, all because of your work.
At Great Places, that`s what we do. We`re a social housing organisation that develops houses and flats, either for rent or ownership, for people who might have difficulty finding a home in the private sector. We offer great homes in great communities for great people. We`ve helped thousands of people in more than 19,000 properties.
All of our work is done for social benefit. We`re a profit-for-purpose business that builds and manages homes on a daily basis - and here to improve our customers` lives and create stronger communities while we`re doing it too.
About the role:
You`d be joining the team at an exciting time with lots of new and interesting projects to get involved in.
The role would be to manage the Technical Applications Team with responsibility for the implementation, support and integration of systems for Great Places.
- Liaise with areas of the business and other business systems teams to define requirements and effectively translating information into the best technical solution
- Responsible and accountable for the day-to-day support of all applications that are critical to the smooth running of the business
- Ensuring that the systems are monitored, maintained and documented to ensure maximum availability and efficiency and minimal disruption
- Responsible for maintaining application performance and security, implementing best practice wherever possible
- Manage application and reporting implementation, support, development and improvement projects
- Be the expert in a wide range of technologies to ensure that they are being used effectively within the business.
- Act as the ICT escalation point to all areas of the business for areas of responsibility
- Ensure that the integrity of the data within the systems is maintained at all times
- Experience managing a team, delivering projects and supporting and integrating applications
- Experience of working with SQL Server, BI Stack, and database administration
- Working knowledge of large and complex datasets
- Strong T-SQL writing skills - querying, dynamic SQL, triggers and stored procedures
- Understanding of SQL Server Management Studio environment and tools
- Database security, configuration and performance tuning
- Solid understanding of Relational Database design and development
- SQL Server Integration Services, ETL and Reporting Services
- Experience of end-to-end testing
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Experience of web based business applications and knowledge of IIS
- Understanding of implementing SQL Server Analysis Services and Data Warehousing
- Understanding of Software Delivery frameworks and understanding of change management procedures
- Knowledge of Housing Associations
- Knowledge of multi-media applications
- Driving licence / car owner
You may have experience of the following: Technical Applications Manager, IT Manager, SQL, Database, Data Integrity, Data Warehousing, IIS, SQL Server, Project Management, ETL, Testing, BI Stack, Database Design, ICT Manager, Applications, Implementation, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications