|Job Ref:||204640821||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£1/annum Plus benefits, salary negotiable||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:17|
Based in the West Midlands, one of our leading digital clients is seeking a Governance Risk and Compliance Officer to join their team on a permanent basis. With deep technical expertise and industry knowledge, our client works with clients across a wide variety of sectors, making them one of the leaders in digital services. |
The successful candidate will be responsible for the advance diagnosis and investigation of computer security incidents in conjunction with the Security Operations Centre, other teams within the business and third parties. You will be acting as reactive leader and coordinator of a computer security incident response, which may include steps such as identification, diagnosis, mitigation and documentation. It will also include determining the root cause and the definition and implementation of durable fixes. The role will also involve keeping abreast of evolving cyber threats and identifying new and sophisticated methods of detecting them across the client's customer's IT estates.
Other duties will include: Assisting to build and support Computer Security Incident Handling Processes, undertake computer forensics activity, undertaking security auditing and testing, managing IT security threats, production of detailed incident reports and technical briefs, production of statistical information for inclusion into service reports, production of evidence to support Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) review activity to both the client's teams and third parties, production of process and control documentation to support the GRC activities, liaison with other cyber threat analysis entities or government departments, ensuring security governance over the delivered services to industry or internally defined standards.
For the role, it is required that you meet the following criteria;
- BPSS Clearance minimum
- Ability to demonstrate logical approach to problem identification and resolution
- Ability to work independently using their own initiative once an objective has been agreed
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative ideas that will enhance or improve delivery quality
- Knowledge to a detailed level of ISO27001 / ISO20000
- SA3402 Controls
- Working knowledge of ITIL confirmed by qualification
- Experienced in the service delivery of business critical operations
- MSc. University degree in an IT discipline or equivalent in years of progressive experience in an IT environment
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in group
- Ability to work with high standards on behalf of the client and their customers
Along with the above criteria, any of the following is favoured:
- SC Security Clearance eligible
- Experience of working in a SOC environment or similar
- Certified to one of more of the following (or equivilant): CISSP, CISM, CRISK, CISA, CGEIT, ISO Lead Auditor
Alongside receiving a competitive basic salary, my client is also offering some great benefits including private medical insurance, an attractive stakeholders pension scheme, season ticket loans and many more.
Please get in touch with me today to discuss the above role in further detail along with your requirements and expectations