|Job Ref:||204640780||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:17|
JOB TITLE: Oracle Developer|
LOCATION: Central London
DURATION: 6 Months contract (option available for contract prolongation)
DAILY RATE: Highly competitive (dependent on level of experience)
CONDITIONS: DV Clearance is required for this position prior to working onsite
*** Please be aware that a valid DV Clearance is required for this position prior to working onsite. We would highly recommend that you research this level of clearance before applying to avoid any disappointment. ***
Capita TRACS is currently recruiting for a highly motivated Oracle Developer to join a cutting-edge development team to deliver new Oracle functionalities to the business organisation helping to tackle both minor and major projects within a challenging, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The Oracle Developer will be following a fast, iterative development approach tackling challenging technical problems and working in collaboration with a broader development team, sharing ideas and experience wherever possible.
For this role, we are seeking the Oracle Developer to be a self-starter with excellent problem solving, analytical and issue diagnostic skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads effectively.
In addition to this, we require the Oracle Developer to possess the following mandatory skills and experience:
* DV Clearance / Developed Vetted
* Oracle SQL - strong SQL language skills for complex querying, analytical functionality, and physical data model implementation in support of application development and ad hoc business queries;
* Oracle PL/SQL - for ETL and data access component development with specific experience of bulk collecting/ binding techniques;
* Database Schema Design - in depth understanding of the relational paradigm, principles of normalisation, application persistence layer design patterns;
* Performance Tuning - SQL query and PL/SQL optimisation, explain plan interpretation, 'tkprof' usage, Oracle Enterprise Manager (SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Access Advisor, AWR/ASH reports), physical data model access structures (indexes, clustering, materialised views, partitioning);
* Oracle Security - user account administration, authentication/ authorisation best practices, knowledge of Oracle Label Security (OLS), fine grained access and Oracle auditing features;
* Data loading and transformation utilities - SQL*Loader, Data Pump, External Tables, Imp/Exp;
* Object Orientated Design and Development concepts as they relate to the application-database interface- Oracle Data provider for .NET, OCI, JPA, ORM technologies;
* Data Modelling - experience of domain, logical, physical data models using CASE modelling tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect) for the production of Entity-Relationship Diagrams in UML;
* OLTP large data processing systems interfaced by high performance thick client and thin client web applications;
* Oracle RAC development - cluster-aware solutions, high availability, failure resilience and production application supportability;
* Multi-environment delivery - environment-agnostic build scripting, execution of implementation and regression plans, documenting release procedures and walkthrough guides;
* Configuration Management tools and techniques - use of code repositories (SVN, Mercurial, SourceSafe), code branching, build/ patching procedures, issue tracking/ defect management;
* Test practices - effective use of unit / system/ performance test and test automation methods;
* Quality assurance - peer code review, design pattern assurance, coding standards adherence, best practice references, establishment of quality metrics;
* Software delivery - Agile delivery methods, comprehensive understanding of software delivery lifecycle, provision of accurate effort estimates, undertaking work package ownership;
Duration: 6 - 12 Months (option available for contract prolongation)
Location: Central London
Daily Rate: Highly competitive (dependent on level of experience)
Then please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring their skills and experience reflects the skills and experience required for this position with correct start and end dates of past projects / employments.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us