|Job Ref:||204644737||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Wimbledon||Address:||Post Code:||SW16||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:14|
SoftwareONE the global leader in Software Portfolio Management are seeking a Senior Project Manager to work within our Technology Services Team providing technology consultancy to external customers.|
Working in a team environment, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for leading the customer engagement to ensure that it meets all scope, time, budget and quality expectations, through planning, controlling and managing customer projects. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible to manage corporate, customer and third party vendor efforts to plan, sell and implement SoftwareONE solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Responsible for managing customer project delivery in environments across multiple sites within a region
• Meets or exceeds approved budgets
• Provide reliable financial forecasts to Management
• Identify and develop new opportunities within current project supporting early qualification and opportunity assessment
• Opportunity manager for medium risk deals
• Mentor others and assist them with their professional development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Highly motivated and results oriented
• Solid experience in a Project Management role within a Systems Integrator or a large organisation (management of internal and external resources with a team size <20>• Accountable for managing multiple engagements or workstreams with a value <$1M USD
• Industry certified with PRINCE2 or on the Project Management Professional (PMP) path
• Managed a multi-site delivery including a Global Delivery Centre Network (Best Shore)
• Managed Senior Manager expectations to program/business case and resolves conflicts in large organisations
• Ability to own and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project).
• Excellent client facing presentation skills.
• Demonstrated experience and expertise of positioning solutions to business decision-makers by reinforcing the value of the SoftwareONE Services to the customer's overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities.
• Experience and desire to work in a technology consulting environment that requires regular travel.
• The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of project management within the following areas of technology:
• Core infrastructure, virtualisation and systems
• Cloud solutions (Public, Private, Hybrid)
• Cloud Workload optimisation (Backup or Storage)
• Network and security
• Information management
• Mobility and WAN
• Identity management
• Data and BI