|Job Ref:||204644579||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£42000 - £45000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:14|
IT Project Manager - based in Central London|
Paying up to £45,000 per annum + benefits
As the IT Project Manager for this long, established and well known prestigious company, you will be responsible for managing a wide portfolio of technology and digital projects. It is a really exciting time within the business and a fantastic time to join them and help deliver new change in the company.
• Define and work to the project scope and schedule within the given budget and timelines while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; agree the project plan with key stakeholders.
• Introduce the best practices of project, procurement and technology management.
• Prepare, review, and maintain project documentation, including project initiation documentation, risk control documents, progress reports, project plans, change control and other documentation such as communication and training documents, as required by the project. Ensure delivery expectations are communicated with stakeholders; ensure stakeholders are kept informed of progress and risk. Ensure delivery teams are aware of their roles, responsibilities and tasks.
• Regularly review and report to the Programme Manager and project boards on project risks and progress.
• Ensure the choice of project methodology fits the type of work being undertaken, applying Agile or waterfall techniques as appropriate.
• Monitor project budgets, resources, dependencies and task delivery.
• Prepare agendas, organise and lead project related meetings.
• Create an environment where stakeholders can successfully achieve objectives, through provision of sufficient training and communication, including materials to ensure ongoing adoption of the system by new users.
• Provide analysis of the impact of proposed business changes as required.
• Manage the change transformation process.
Knowledge / Skills and Experience:
• Current project management certification, Prince 2 practitioner, Agile Project Management or equivalent Technical Skills
• Highly proficient user of Microsoft Project and the MS Office suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook
• Create and deliver work plans using appropriate tools
• Understanding and/or hands-on experience in technologies projects
• Strong awareness of technology trends and best practice
• Ability to provide highly-credible technical leadership to development teams and to be able to evaluate complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively
• Knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to adopt them together to fit a project and business environment
• Ability to work effectively within given resources, effective project planning skills and correct deviations from plans
• Ability to maintain project documentation and develop effective materials for training and communication with stakeholders and end users
• Ability to demonstrate effective budget management
• Strong experience of business change management and delivering positive change through critical thinking and problem solving
• Pro-active in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk
• Ability to carry out project evaluations and assessment of results
• Strong stakeholder management and relationship management skills
If you are an experienced Project Manager with the listed skills and experience then please apply now