|Job Ref:||204640591||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Castle Donington||Address:||Post Code:||DE74||Salary:||£18000 - £22000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:17|
Technical Support Engineer - |
1st / 2nd Line Support
An exciting opportunity has become available to join a growing organisation and their technical team as a Technical Support Engineer. This role would be primarily 1st to 2nd line, with some project work included.
The salary is up to £22,000, depending on experience.
Responsible to: Technical Manager
Role Purpose: To provide IT helpdesk and on-site server support
• Receive, manage and record IT help desk requests received either by telephone, web portal or email.
• Dealing with and resolving helpdesk requests e.g. adding users, Active Directory updating, e-mail account creation, networking issues, general IT trouble shooting.
• The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
• Excellent hardware and software technical knowledge with proven IT industry experience.
• Software - Windows Server (Apply online only), Exchange Server, Active Directory, SQL Server, backup applications (mainly Acronis, Unitrends, Symantec, Shadow Protect, ArcServe and Windows Backup), Anti-Virus (McAfee, Kaspersky, Eset), VMware, HyperV.
• Networking, Switches, Routers, Routing, VLANS.
• Excellent customer service, problem solving and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Work with professionalism and flexibility, able to work well under pressure.
• Able to prioritise, multitask and manage own workload as well as participating as part of a team.
• Full driving license.
If this is something you are interested, apply