|Job Ref:||204640069||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£48000/annum £48,000 per annum DOE + Bonus + Shares + Rang||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:34|
Our client is looking for a permanent Web / Software Architect who has a proven track record of developing web / software architecture and cloud based solutions and who will be based at their headquarters in Alcester near Birmingham.|
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Web / Software Architect will be the primary technical lead for engineering all cloud base solutions. This is not a stereotypical web or software architect role, as you would expect, our client is looking for someone gregarious, forward thinking, motivated, is a creative IT professional, and is passionate about developing solutions and ideally possess a proven track record as Web architect or software development in either the medical, life sciences or healthcare sector - would be an advantage.
Our client intends to build a cloud based software offering that will change the way our patients receive their treatment. The challenge is to complement their innovative medical product / instrument by aggregating data from other medical devices, wearables, and smart devices.
Responsible for the short- and long-term technology stack, integration and delivery planning. The right applicant will be ultimately responsible for ensuring the software quality, delivery and testing strategy. This role requires knowledge in breadth and depth across multiple software engineering disciplines such as Software development, Software quality, and Operational Deployment of web solutions. A proven track-record in a large scale enterprise software delivery and support environment would be highly desirable. While this is a key leadership role in engineering and will require overall ownership of the design and delivery, it is expected the Web Architect can be hands on in the code and lead by example.
As the Web / Software Architect your duties will be:
• Leadership: You will lead all engineering facets on the web based architecture and design, with oversight of the code base and development approach, and ensure that all engineers following best practices to develop and deliver high quality, supportable, and scalable code; mentor and develop the team; ensures a culture that values technical excellence together with teamwork.
• Software Development: this role includes hands-on software development to write high quality software that will perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible.
• Process and Operations: Lead the team to deliver on their commitments, ensuring the design and planning is accurate and work is delivered on time with quality.
• Vision: Shape the future company roadmap and connectivity strategy investigating new technology, implementing PoCs, and proposing innovative new solutions, working closely with the Chief Engineer and other.
• Project Management: Knowledge and experience in Agile development methodologies.
To be a successful Web / Software Architect you will have the following skills and experience:
• MSc degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline (CS, Eng, etc.)
• Extensive experience in building, deploying and supporting an enterprise-scale web application in the cloud.
• Proven experience as an architect, leading a technical team, designing large software systems, and operating at the engineering management team level.
• Full-stack experience, with expertise in at least one layer.
• Hands-on software development experience in C#, .NET.
• Good communicator, able to talk with stakeholders and customers to explain the technology and with the proven ability to take insights from customers to translate them into technical deliverables.
• Experience with ISO 13485, EN 62304, 21 CFR 820, ISO 14971 compliance with an emphasis on software design and validation is desirable.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.