|Job Ref:||204639680||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum + Discresionary Bonus||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:17|
We are looking to recruit an experienced Technical Product Manager for a Leicester based Technology Business. The successful candidate will be assertive and able to give direction. You will have experience and knowledge of Code, whilst also being operational and able to look at processes and maintain the product roadmap. |
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic and motivated Product Manager. To be successful, you must be able to communicate the vision, requirements and priorities clearly to the team. You must enjoy working closely with the team in an agile environment to drive the product definition and design. You will be the champion of the product and integral at all stages of development from concept to launch.
You will have the ability to lead, manage a team and possess excellent communication and presentation skills. You will possess a good technical knowledge and be able to establish a shared vision among product stakeholders by building consensus on priorities and features leading to launch and execution.
Role and responsibilities
* Initiate and develop quality improvement programs.
* Implement quality assurance programs and recommend changes to improve performance.
* Provide technical guidance to resolve large major problems.
* Implement best practices, standards and procedures.
* Present technical solutions where necessary.
* Develop people and organisational strategies.
* Develop and maintain the product roadmap.
* Provide leadership and inspiration throughout all project phases; mentor and train, and conduct performance reviews.
* Provide project oversight as needed including requirement definition scoping and planning, creative problem solving and conflict resolution.
* Lead the product research & development, technical feasibility and architecture.
* Oversee development of coding standards and guidelines as well as conducting code reviews.
* Keep abreast of industry trends and competitive landscape.
* Offer practical solutions (code) in a hands-on manner to critical software problems.
* Evaluate and prioritise requested product enhancements.
* Write detailed technical and solution requirements.
* Oversee product releases and market launches.
* Create product forecasts.
* Train customer facing personnel on product enhancements and initiatives.
* Managing and liaising with third party vendors and suppliers.
Technical Skills & Experience
* An in-depth knowledge of digital technologies and online industry best practices.
* A knowledge of website coding and development processes.
* Integrating with external services (Web APIs, CMSs, etc).
* Knowledge of source control principles (GIT).
* Working understanding of servers, domains, websites, emails, networks, firewalls, VPN, security etc.
* Thorough understanding of basic application architectures and principles of web, software, mobile, installation production and development.
* Experience with vendors, including web hosting companies and managing external project resource.
Experience - Desired
* Experience with online video.
* An understanding of data protection laws.
* Experience with Agile project management methodologies would be highly desirable.
* Experience of managing development of iOS or Android projects would be desirable.
* App deployment and MDM experience would be an advantage.
* Specific knowledge of the Drupal framework would be a distinct advantage.
This is a great company that has seen huge growth over the years. This would be a great opportunity for somebody who really understands code, that perhaps doesn't want to develop full time, but you have that authority about you to ensure your team gets things done and you can concentrate on the product journey