|Job Ref:||204644236||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Dorset||Address:||Post Code:||DT8||Salary:||£25000 - £32000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
Structural Design Engineer - |
Dorset, United Kingdom
SALARY UP TO £32,000 + Benefits
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Structural Design Engineer to join a well-established, forward thinking, Civil and Structural Design Consultancy based in a friendly, supportive team based in Dorset.
You will be given the opportunity to get involved in challenging projects, encouraged to take early responsibility, giving you an all-round understanding of the design process. Using the most sophisticated software available to meet the demands of an ever changing industry.
Types of projects you can expect to get involved in will include Residential, Commercial, Educational and Healthcare Builds from inception through to completion stage.
In order to be considered for this Structural Design Engineer role you will;
* Have gained a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (1st or 2:1 BEng/MEng or MSc)
* Must be a Graduate with a minimum of 4 years' experience ideally from a consultancy environment
* You will have a good working knowledge of AutoCAD
* You will work well as part of a friendly close knit team
* You will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Working a Structural Design Engineer you will;
* Prepare outline designs for structural schemes
* Manage the technicians undertaking detailed design drawings and preparing specifications
* Understanding of relevant codes and standards and able to use AutoCAD and structural Engineering software.
* Experience in design using materials including Steel, Concrete, Masonry and Timber
* Liaise with the design team and client throughout the project and monitor progress and quality during the construction phase
* Carry out general structural advice and analysis supporting the multidisciplinary business on diverse buildings and advise on any issues that may arise.
* You will need to demonstrate the desire and drive to becoming a Chartered which will be fully supported by the company.
Our client is offering an excellent opportunity for career development as well as an attractive remuneration pack.
In order to discuss this Structural Engineer role and other roles within the Building Structures sector please call MIKAELA on (Apply online only) or email your CV