|Job Ref:||204643922||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Royston||Address:||Post Code:||S71||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:34|
Our client based in Royston is recruiting for a Mechanical Inspector. You'll be responsible for inspecting products entering the factory and made in-house to ensure that standards of quality and safety are met. This will include all goods from suppliers and in-process components that require mechanical inspection as well as entering in to stock. We're looking for an experienced Technician who is a stickler for quality and getting things right. The client is offering an attractive salary for someone with the right skills.|
What You'll Be Doing:
* You'll inspect parts to Q.S.80-70-007
* Inspect materials and products as per drawing requirements.
* Meet the time demands of the production programmes and work in a safe manner at all times, adhering to all Health and Safety regulations, policies and instructions.
* You'll answer queries from suppliers and liaise with engineering and RandD staff.
* Follow processes around supplier returns and rejection of non-conforming parts.
What We're Looking For:
* Plenty of experience, perhaps a time served apprenticeship as a Technician
* You'll have previous experience of mechanical capital equipment assemblies
* You're able to read and understand technical documentation
* Decent PC skills, including Excel, Outlook, Word and MRP
* You'll have some previous experience working to ISO 9001 quality standards
* You're happy working under minimum supervision and on own initiative
* Skills in mechanical assembly would be a bonus
* You'll have some experience of working in a Lean manufacturing environment
* Reliable and dependable
* You'll be a certified user or have a working knowledge of a portable co-ordinate measuring machine