|Job Ref:||204643362||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£24000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
My Client is one of the largest International Engineering Consultancies with multiple offices across the UK and due to expansion are seeking to appoint an Assistant Highway Design Engineer to join their existing team in Cardiff. This is an outstanding opportunity for career progression with a market leader and the chance to work on extremely exciting projects across the UK. |
Qualifications & Experienced Required:
- Bachelor degree or ideally Masters level qualification in Civil Engineering or appropriate degree subject
- Preferably actively working towards a professional qualification with a relevant professional body for example the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of 3D alignment design packages (Bentley MX, OpenRoads or Civls 3D
- Experience in the design of highway infrastructure projects and civil engineering design principles
- Experience using UK Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) & Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW) and experience using and creating 3D models for use in BIM
The successful candidate will join the existing Highways Design team to assist in the delivery of small and medium sized Highway alignment projects across the UK. You shall be required to carry out technical design work within agreed timescales and budgets ensuring all work is in compliance with current health & safety legislation.
The client will offer a very competitive salary dependent on your relevant experience along with a non contributory pension, life assurance cover and assistance with professional fee's.
To be considered for this role or further Civil Engineering & Highways opportunities across the UK then please send your CV or alternatively call Lee Rimell on (Apply online only) or NA to discuss further