|Job Ref:||204643345||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gateshead||Address:||Post Code:||NE9||Salary:||£51000 - £57000/annum See Job Spec||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:34|
How would you like to join one of the world's largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of professionals?|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Engineering Front Line Manager to join our manufacturing facilities based in Gateshead. You will be working as a key member of our Engineering Management Team reporting into the Maintenance Manager with 4 Multi-skilled Engineers reporting into you.
The Engineering Front Line Manager is responsible for leading a multifunctional maintenance team, ensuring compliance to business requirements. Deliver continuous engineering support, asset care initiatives and improvement projects ensuring all objectives are met. Identifying and delivering areas for further development through continuous improvements, championing pro-active methods of maintenance using data to identify, prioritise and deliver best practice.
This role requires the individual to work a continental shift pattern.
* Day to day planning and management of shift based maintenance engineering teams, supervising and delegating of work, ensuring production shift coverage is provided and alignment to department TIP's.
* Ensuring the development of engineering staff through effective tools such as PDR's/KPI's.
* Prioritisation of workloads to ensure effectiveness and optimisation of staff and resources.
* Ensure the delivery of the site Asset care program through TPM/PPM activities and identify areas of improvement.
* Be responsible for ensuring HSE/Security compliance is promoted and adhered to within the department's work planning and execution.
* Ensure delivery of all safety requested work and PUWER items are achieved on time in full.
* Coordinate and provide technical support demonstrating a hand's on approach to diagnosing and resolving equipment/process breakdowns and issues, facilitating a resolution in the quickest timeframe.
* Ensure communication and elevation between shifts, handovers and standard practices are adhered to.
* Liaise and communicate with all departments to ensure support prioritisations are being delivered and be point of elevation for issues.
* Conduct and ensure compliance to all activities by continuous auditing process.
* Champion and facilitate lean principles and best practice to ensure performance improvements and efficiencies. Ensuring best practice in engineering and standardisation across full site engineering teams.
* Ensure compliance to the CMMS system and utilise data to identify failure modes, implementing corrective actions to maximise machine efficiencies.
* Attend/represent engineering at any meetings as and when required.
* Deputise for maintenance manager as and when required.
* Stand in for other FLM's across various shift patterns as/when required.
* Ensure all spares inventory is maintained and identify/order any spare parts required within budgetary controls.
* Provide planning, support and organisation to all project and improvement programs and ensure involvement/delegation within team.
* Mentor and develop team, identifying and ensuring all training and development programs for teams are supported and delivered.
* Ensure engineering reports are completed and in full, ensure monthly data outputs are updated and displayed as necessary.
* Work within the operations team to improve methods, productivity and efficiency.
* Be flexible and willing to support out of normal hours requirements.
Engineering Front Line Manager | Engineer | Manager | Engineering Manager | Front Line Manager
Additional Salary Information:
Double Matched Pension, Private Medical Cover
* Formal engineering background. Applicants should be apprentice trained and have obtained a HNC level in engineering, IOSH qualification or similar and ideally have CI qualifications/experience.
* Demonstrable track record within an Engineering leadership role.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including presentation skills).
* Self motivated requiring limited supervision.
* Self starter with understanding for detail.
* A keen interest in driving improvements.
* Good time management and prioritising ability.
* Computer literate and able to document and formulate reports.
* Ability to work within a team environment.
We are the world's largest commercial banknote printer and passport manufacturer and a trusted partner of governments, central banks and commercial organisations around the world