|Job Ref:||204643191||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£15.60 - £19.76/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:34|
Inventory Controller - QCD specialist (Quality, Cost, Delivery) SAP MRP, contract role based in Derby, 6 month initial contract with a view to possible extension|
My client is a global organisation and leader in their sector in the provision of safe, reliable, efficient and technically innovative transportation solutions to UK and global markets alike. They are currently looking to engage the services of a Interim Inventory Controller - QCD.
This role will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of A & B cat suppliers to ensure material is delivered 100% on time with zero defects in line with SAP MRP generated schedules.
Working as an integral part of a supplier focused Commodity Team comprising of members from the Procurement and Supplier Quality Team, the role is responsible for supporting planned Production outputs.
This includes the management and progressing of non-conforming material back into the supply chain to be repaired and returned in line with delivery requirements. Management of material inventory levels to support Production requirements whilst maintained at an agreed value.
The role will cover the management of the supply chain during the start-up, realisation and completion phases of a Project.
Supply chain management.
* Management of on time deliveries in line with scheduled & purchase order requirements issued via a web based order management portal .
* Regular contact with the Supplier to review and confirm delivery requirements.
* Monthly delivery and outstanding reject reconciliation.
* Provide and update information and KPI management on key performance issue (ex: Backorders, on time delivery - OTD, Material Coverage, Outstanding reject orders).
* Ensure on time delivery (OTD) promise dates are always available to cover a 5 week rolling period (Material Coverage Reporting)
* Support Supplier Reviews process by being fully prepared with responses to previous agreed actions.
* Supplier visits to review proactive capacity planning and future delivery requirements.
SAP - MRP Management.
* 100 % maintained SAP - MRP system to ensure data and delivery schedules are accurate.
* Input into and /or attend Daily Production Meetings.
* Input into and /or attend Daily Material Backorders Meeting fully prepared to report the availability and coverage of Supplier Line Items required for Production.
* Update weekly Coverage reports with a confirmed view of delivery promise dates to cover future Production requirements.
* Review and attend KPI meetings with the Inventory Manager to review statistics and actions.
* Support Kaizen and continuous improvement initiatives through the Operating System.
* Organise and chair reviews to deal with urgent critical performance issues affecting material availability to support Production requirements
* Experience in a similar or relevant role working in a supply chain, manufacturing environment.
* Good understanding of Supplier Management and knowledge of material flow strategies (JIT - just in time, Kanban, (VMI - Vendor Managed Inventories)
* Working knowledge of MRP Systems and SAP
* MS Office Suite literate
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced supply chain, manufacturing environment.
* The ability to successfully build strong relationships and effectively communicate across all levels of the Organisation.
* Ability to apply an analytical approach to problem solving.
* A keen interest in developing professionally in a supply chain environment.
To discuss the role please call me on (Apply online only)