|Job Ref:||204643170||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Abingdon||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£32.00/hour Ltd rate||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
We are seeking for an Electrical Designer to support United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority based on site at Culham Science Park on contract basis. |
The initial role will take us to the end of 2016 with the prospect of renewal for 2017.
The contract would offer £32.00 per hour Ltd, 37.5 hours a week and the hours can be completed over 4 week days.
We are seeking for a designer with strong background with LV distribution, cable calculations, PLC's and control systems. 17th edition is a must and AMTECH experience is a clear advantage.
* Report any design conflicts within the assigned electrical design project team to the satisfaction of the Lead Electrical Engineer.
* Produce Electrical Designs, schematics, assembly drawings and Bills of materials, to meet the verbal or written specification from the Responsible Officer / Task Leader and organisational requirements.
* Liaise with the relevant Project Configuration Controller though out the task to ensure the configuration is maintained.
* Check Design proposals C&I, P&ID schematic diagrams, drawings and manufacturing information.
* Produce presentation material for design reviews.
* Support the Work Package Manager / Task Leader during design reviews.
* Assist the Work Package Manager / Task Leader during manufacture, testing and the development phases of a project.
* Follow Design Office procedures, processes and protocols.
* Manage time to achieve project dead lines.
* Ideally qualified to ONC / HNC or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering.- Minimum
* Experience in electrical based CAD modelling and draughting.
* Knowledge of electrical enclosure/cubicle manufacturing techniques.
* Proficient in the use of recognised drawing standards e.g. BS EN IEC 61346
* 17th Edition Qualified
* Ability to specify appropriate materials, manufacturing methods and tolerance requirements.
* Competent user of MS Office and other Windows software.
* Fluent in written and spoken English language
* Knowledge of Solidworks, Electrical, Solidworks PRO. Solid works 3D. Orcad, electronic schematic capture, Allegro PCB layout
* Experienced with use of a PDM system. (SMARTEAM)