|Job Ref:||204643098||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||High Wycombe||Address:||Post Code:||HP11||Salary:||£NEG benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
Senior Electronics Design Engineer|
£negotiable for the right person. A pivotal role so remuneration to be discussed.
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a company who develop specialist medical devices for the medical, consumer & sports market. Seeking an experienced Electronics Design Engineer who can head up the Product Development and R&D side of the business, the successful applicant with be very hands-on.
Providing a number of medical applications and selling very well both domestically and internationally this company has driven sales across sports, health, veterinary & consumer markets. This is an established and growing product and the Electronics Product Development Lead will be responsible for pushing the product forward from R&D, design and manufacture. A very exciting and challenging role for an experienced engineer.
* Design and build iterations of the existing product using C
* Circuit design layout, schematics, PCB
* Understand electronics safety in the medical device sector
* Test procedures
* Documentation & regulation within the medical sector
* Overall electronics design understanding to help improve and develop product
* Liaise with both internal and external electronic design consultants
* Liaise closely with manufacturing (occasional site visits in the UK)
* Degree educated in an electronics degree or similar
* Minimum 5yrs commercial experience
* Medical devices experience (principally for understanding regulations, FDA Approval Process)
* Embedded C
* PCB layout & associated CAD package (e.g. EAGLE, EASYPC)
* Manufacturing knowledge (any injection moulding, modelling would be great but not critical)
* Excellent written and documentation skills
* Strong team working skills with both remote and in-house engineers
This is a very exciting phase for the company who are targeting sales in excess of £30m over the next few years. The Electronics Product Development Lead will be pivotal in helping guide this already established product line into a wider range of devices. Already an international business this is an opportunity for an ambitious electronics engineer who wants to progress to a senior level within the company.
Key words: electronics, embedded C, PIC, medical