|Job Ref:||204642699||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicestershire||Address:||Post Code:||LE65||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
Management duties, responsibilities and authorities
• Train and ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, customer policies, procedures, and regulations
• In conjunction with related personnel, demonstrate complete plan ownership.
• Communication of production plan to the departmental heads and staffs including assignment and prioritisation of tasks.
• Initiate and lead regular communicative meetings with shop staff (inc Daily Production Meetings).
• To ensure that employees are given the opportunity to develop in parallel with their individual development targets and curriculums.
• Set and monitor daily, weekly and monthly production targets.
Main operational duties and responsibilities
• Issue, know and execute company processes and procedures
• Create production plans in alignment with company goals and production targets, planning and handling of capacities and schedules.
- Comparing confirmed delivery dates with the updated schedule
- Starting corrective actions if necessary
- Sales Dept. is informed on a regular basis regarding the production progress & delivery dates (e.g. weekly sales meeting)
- Changes in delivery dates need to be informed separately.
- Keep in constant contact with the Production.
- Schedule external services with consideration to price, timeframe and transport requirement.
• Report progress made and current production status to management including contingencies and alternative plans where appropriate.
• Inform Management in time regarding requirement of additional capacity (Overtime, Shift)
• To provide accurate machining/fabrication and processing times for the collation of the quoting process (in conjunction with Production Engineering etc).
• After Production, perform post-calculation to investigate performance of particular project (in conjunction with Sales).
• Measure and improve the following key metrics:
• Schedule Performance
• Appropriate Cycle times and set up
Professional and methodological requirements
• Relevant technical education in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering with relevant industry experience (at least 5 years industry experience)
• Relevant experience in Production Planning
• Ability to understand financial implications in respective departments including headcount, capacity, investments and respective costs.
• In-depth knowledge of Fabrication, Exhaust systems and CNC and Manual Machining and programming.
• Understanding of GD&T to ASME and/or ISO standards
• Experience in Management and Leadership.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office, ERP-systems (preferably ABAS).
• Experience with Kaizen, 5S, Continuous Improvement and Lean Enterprise practices would be an advantage.
• Experience with ISO 9001 requirements, basic knowledge of product liability would be an advantage.
• Experience in the racing, automotive and/or aerospace industry would be an advantage.
• Quick comprehension of workflows and processes, and capability to estimate products costs quickly.
The company manufactures, maintains and distributes mechanical systems in global niche markets including autosport, luxury vehicles and aviation industry across sites in the UK, Europe and North America
They strive to be the world's leading supplier of systems to their chosen markets. Their goal is to be a leading innovator within all their business and corporate fields when they launch new products and materials