|Job Ref:||204642644||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rosyth||Address:||Post Code:||KY11||Salary:||£22.00/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:37|
Rullion Engineering has a fantastic long term contract opportunity (12 months+) for a Structural designer based at Rosyth Dockyard.|
As the successful structural designer you will be responsible for the creation of drawings and other design deliverables to the required standards. They are required to contribute to, as well as, supporting the whole project and product design cycle from concept through to construction and installation technical support.
The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practice's as relevant to the discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
Key Result Areas
* Preparation/production of drawings in support of detail design in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
* Preparation/production of fabrication drawings in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
* Liaise with profession engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
* Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries
* Produce and update 'as built' drawings and documentation.
* Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
* Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill
* Knowledge of Offshore/Onshore/Marine Structural detail design and manufacturing outputs requirements.
* Knowledge of design into manufacturing requirements, allowing for efficient manufacture.
* Be able to work independently and as part of a coordinated team to produce outputs of a high (right first time) standard.
* Be proficient in; Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office.
* The post holder is required to hold an ONC or an equivalent engineering academic qualification.
* Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
Rate: £22 phr.
To apply; Please send your most up to date CV via the link below to Richard Stainforth at Rullion Engineering Glasgow