|Job Ref:||204642385||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:37|
Engineering Manager |
* Engineering Manage / Maintenance Manager required for the leadership of a small maintenance engineering team.
* Setting up systems and procedures to ensure the continued development of the engineering department.
* Up to £50,000 + Full company benefits.
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Leader to be appointed as an Engineering Manager for a team of approx. 6 engineers within a high volume FMCG business. This role may suit an Engineering Team Leader looking for their first role taking full responsibility for a site or a Maintenance Manager looking for a full Engineering Management role.
* Ensuring production equipment is maintained and repaired to ensure the facility meets the production demands of the customer.
* Maintain and develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance System to avoid breakdown and ensure a smooth production operation.
* Look at breakdown resolution, liaising with OEMs as required.
* Manage all areas of the engineering department including permanent staff and contractors.
* Costing, recommending, implementing and controlling the implementation of major engineering projects.
* Ensure safe working practices and legislative compliance
* Drive through route cause analysis and continuous improvements advising on remedial action and long term prevention measures.
* Prepare and control engineering budgets including process, facilities and capital projects.
The ideal candidate:
* An apprenticeship / degree trained engineer who has developed from a hands on maintenance role into a leadership position.
* Is process orientated, works in a methodical and controlled way to deliver a high engineering service.
* Ability to react quickly and resolve key issues when needed.
* Can coach, mentor and develop a team as succession planning for this business is imperative.
* Has proven experience of managing budgets.
* Proven experience from a FMCG industry.
For a confidential discussion please call Ruth Forster (Apply online only) day or evening. Alternatively email;
Wagstaff Recruitment are specialist recruiters in the manufacturing and engineering industry.
(Apply online only)