|Job Ref:||204642283||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Sutton Coldfield||Address:||Post Code:||B73||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
Geotechnical Engineer - Principal Engineer|
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Kier Highways is seeking to recruit Principal Geotechnical Engineer. To lead the technical delivery of a geotechnical team working in the field of road maintenance and improvement. To be responsible for the delivery of inspection and maintenance regimes, to contribute to decision making and to lead the technical outputs of projects to the meet the client's serviceability aspirations.
* Plan and undertake site inspections, field based asset condition data collection and analysis
* Lead to planning and undertaking inspections and ground investigations
* Lead the development of technical solutions at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design stages.
* Prepare technical design calculations, drawings, reports, tender documents, specifications, designer's risk assessments and other CDM documentation and other documents.
* Manage inspection/supervision activities
* Manage the team to ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with client requirements.
* Manage the delivery of technical outputs which may include (but are not limited to); ground investigation, site inspections, field data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, works/construction inspection and supervision.
* Champion Value Management to support Project Managers in decision making
* Work collaboratively with Project Managers, other asset owners and the clients asset managers and develop strong working relationships.
* Take responsibility for technical excellence and innovation across the project team.
* Developing the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring Engineers, Technicians and Graduates and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
* Work jointly with Project Managers to manage the resources within the team to optimize the resource and demand balance.
* Develop technical and financial briefs and proposals for new schemes.
* Ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with company's management systems including Health and Safety, project and risk management.
* Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* A chartered / incorporated member (or equivalent) of a relevant professional institution (ICE / Geological Society / IoM3).
* A degree or equivalent in a relevant civil engineering or geological discipline with demonstrable experience.
* Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in inspection, assessment, design and construction of highway geotechnics.
* Familiar with EuroCodes and the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
* Knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
* Leading and managing technical and project teams within a business environment.
* Able to take full technical responsibility for team outputs.
* Must be computer literate. Ability to work without supervision essential, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
* Full driving licence, valid in the UK
* Fluent written and spoken English
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 24,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer