|Job Ref:||204642235||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Thurso||Address:||Post Code:||KW14||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
Senior Waste Specialist - Based Dounreay, Scotland - £35-45 per hour LTD - 12 months |
* The Waste Characterisation, Consignment and Quality Management's key role is to provide a service in support of site decommissioning to ensure all waste generated meets all current quality standards.
* The purpose of the post is to provide experienced waste professionals to execute the waste directorate programme of work and ensure compliance with waste legislation and adherence to the site's waste strategies.
* The Job Holder is responsible for delivering the site's waste strategy and ensuring the site remains compliant with waste legislation.
Essential & Desirable Skills Main Responsibilities
* Apply specialised waste knowledge and experience to implement the lifetime plan and waste strategies for the site
* Direct activities with allocated resources and schedule taking into account analysis of dependencies and constraints, scope, risks and assumptions
* Provide waste advice to waste advisors and project teams
* Review and report to the Waste Manager problems and incidents, establishing causes and identifying, recommending and implementing solutions as required
* Manage, model and interpret waste data sets
* Act as a key stakeholder in a range of waste processes, including DMRs, HAZOPs, UNOR investigations, BPM assessments
* Provide specialist waste support to interface with internal and external stakeholders and the site's regulators including NDA, SEPA, ONR and EURATOM
* Develop and implement improvements to the Waste Management System including but not limited to technical specifications, strategies, policies and procedures
* Review and approve waste documentation in line with project and legislative requirements, including Project Specific Waste Plans, Activity Assessments, Waste/Characterisation Advice Notes, Waste Consignments
* Mentor waste specialists on matters related to regulatory and waste compliance
* Manage waste container stocks and procurements in line with the site waste inventory
* Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post
The Job Holder may
* Provide site training on waste process and awareness training and Area Waste Officer training
* Identify and resolve misalignments in the site waste inventory within the SLA client specification
* Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent qualification plus experience (includes appointment as a Radioactive Waste Adviser)
* 5 years relevant nuclear site experience
* Sound knowledge of all categories of waste (both radiological and non-radiological) and the techniques/processes used to characterise them
* Practical understanding of waste treatments and processes including appropriate legal and legislative requirements
* Practical understanding of radioactive waste management and site authorisations
* Good oral & written communication skills
* Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels
* Good organisational and planning skills
* Innovative and proactive
* Self-motivated and flexible.
* Ability to work under pressure and to time deadlines whilst maintaining quality of output
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us