|Job Ref:||204642174||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Brighton||Address:||Post Code:||BN2||Salary:||£15 - £24/hour||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
Company based in Brighton Sussex require the following|
- Perform visual, mechanical, and non-destructive test and inspection of assembled, fabricated, and purchased parts;
- investigate quality problems to isolate source, and initiate changes to correct problems to ensure CAPS' compliance to quality standards
You will be expected to fufil the following duties
- Inspects units, piece parts, and assemblies to find defects.
- Performs nondestructive testing under the supervision of an NDT Level III.
- Collects and charts data for use of statistical process control.
- Researches defects to find the source of the problem.
- Interacts with Engineering Department for interpretation of prints and tolerances.
- Checks production methods against procedures and planned methods.
- Interacts with Production Supervisor and employees to show and
explain quality needs.
- Recommends changes in fabrication procedures.
- Recommends changes to prints and/or bills of material.
- Designs go-no go gauges to improve production needs.
- Assists in the determination of the most efficient way to rework product to minimize cost and time.
The position is a specialist within the group and provides interpretation and problem solving advice to others inside and outside of the department.
This is a brief overview of the role, it is a wide, varied & interesting amalgamation encompassing Quality control, QA , NDT, Analysis and product development for a very well known employer
Please apply for full details