|Job Ref:||204642100||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
Newcastle upon Tyne
£25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience + overtime
My client is a well known haulage company based in the North East with over 30 years experience providing customers with refined and efficient solutions to their transport needs.
Their fleet consists of 80 vehicles and over 100 trailers, all being maintained at their newly built and furbished workshop fully equipped with quality testing and repair equipment.
- To maintain, inspect and repair the fleet of artics, rigids & trailers
- Prepare, present and accompany all HGV vehicles for annual MOT and safety inspections.
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards.
- Carry out fault diagnosis
- To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
- To maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition.
- To carry out any other duties as instructed by the supervisory staff
Experience & qualifications
- Relevant NVQ`s
- A minimum for 5 years industry experience
- HGV class 1 or 2 (desirable)
- Possess the ability to work on your own initiative
- Have a 'can do` attitude with drive and desire to progress
The working hours are 58.5 per week, weekend overtime is available and paid at double time. Rates will be negotiated.
If you`re interested in hearing more or wish to apply, ideally please email a copy of your current CV or call (Apply online only) asking for Katie Hayhurst