|Job Ref:||204642074||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||County Durham||City:||Durham||Address:||Post Code:||DH1||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
The Electronics Design Engineer is an integral position of the Engineering Department and plays a key role in the new product development function of the Company. Our clients products are very ergonomically designed and require small packaging of the electronics to achieve the fine feel and quality that our customers enjoy. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and initial fabrication of the assemblies for new products and upgrades and quality improvement to current products. Responsibilities also include developing documentation, testing, and production fixtures for electronic components and assemblies; providing technical sourcing aid to the purchasing function before and after production release; and providing collaborative and pro-active support to other departments in the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To be creative in and contribute to innovative design
• Execute the design, analysis, and evaluation of assigned projects using and promoting sound engineering principles
• Experience with various design tools, including CAD:- Schematic capture, PC layout including experience with EMC and other design considerations
• Creation of Bills of Materials and Design documentation including comprehensive Assembly and Test procedures
• Adherence to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
• To identify replacement parts for obsolete/unknown components and manage design changes where appropriate.
• Component and module level fault finding in analog and digital circuitry.
• Root cause problem solving on designs and products.
• Practical knowledge and experience of modern PCB design, fault finding and repair.
• Preferably experienced in software and firmware programming, including PIC processors for embedded systems
• Experience with regulatory approvals, including some of UL, FM, CE, Intrinsic Safety and other regulatory requirements
• Provide technical support for customers (internal and external)
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Procedures.
• Ensure Health and Safety standards including all tools, equipment and appliances are maintained to comply with statutory/company regulations.
QUALITY ASSURANCE AND PRODUCT SECURITY
• Ensure compliance with ISO procedures.
• Performance measurement Qualitative evaluation of design output and ability to work within in ISO9000 framework
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Flexible, a team player and able to work independent
• Electrical drafting using AutoCAD
• To be able to create and understand schematics and component data sheets.
• Planning Experience:- design of a product from a specification
• Self motivated and good time management
• Excellent Communication and problem solving with customers
• Computer literacy - including Office packages Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Has a solid understanding of analog, digital and DAC/ADC technology.
• Has a solid understanding of electronics theory Must know the full range of components used.
• Experience of hardware product development
• Knowledge of multi-layer PCBs layout strategies including EMC
• A minimum of 5 years experience in an electronic production environment