|Job Ref:||204641943||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South Elmsall||Address:||Post Code:||WF9||Salary:||£15 - £17/hour dependant on experience||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
Our client, a global manufacturer is currently seeking a Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias to be based at their production facility in South Elmsall. |
The role would suit candidates who have previous experience in Electrical Maintenance within a high speed manufacturing environment.
This is an initial 12-week contract on split day shifts and may extend beyond this.
The purpose of the role is to provide knowledge and experience in the electrical disciplines, and work with members of the Engineering and Management Teams to provide a cost effective and proactive maintenance and engineering service to the processing and production departments.
Duties will include:
1. Responsible for trouble shooting and problem solving to maintain and enhance automated processes and machinery.
2. Providing technical advice, breakdown support and explore opportunities to make improvements to current work practices.
3. Develop and contribute in devising preventative maintenance plans for equipment to ensure that breakdowns are minimised and efficiencies are maximised, ensuring that equipment is kept to a high standard.
4. Contribute to the installing and commissioning of new machinery and ensure new working methods are communicated to the Engineering Team, and basic knowledge and skills are transferred to Operators.
5. Ensure that current Health & Safety requirements are adhered to at all times by promoting policy and procedures and that best practice is adopted.
• HNC / HND or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
• Worked within a high-speed, manufacturing environment.
• Ability to program PLC's, e.g. Siemens S7. Omron
• Have a clear understanding of the 17th Edition and Electricity at Work Regulations (1989)
As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants to arrange interviews. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants