|Job Ref:||204641915||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||East London||Address:||Post Code:||E1||Salary:||£42000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
The purpose of the role is to initiate quality improvements within the company using experience gained in the food industry to define best practice and therefore anticipate our customers' requirements. Key aspects of this role are embedding Quality within the organisation and developing customer relationships together with the sales team and the factory teams. The candidate will be expected to work closely with personnel from a wide range of functions within corporate, and our customers and will have the responsibility for managing quality and food safety systems at the site.
• Ensure compliance of Health and Safety procedures and policies
• Develop, implement and manage quality and food safety systems to fulfil organisation & customer objectives
• Develop and maintain systems to monitor and communicate quality and food safety performance against established standards and objectives
• Responsible for setting site standards and conducting internal and cross site audit.
• Take necessary action, communicate to the appropriate organisation levels and advise on food quality and safety issues.
• Liaise with external food agencies and maintain current knowledge of legal requirements to communicate to the organisation.
• Manage ingredient and finished products quality assurance systems for ensuring compliance with technical specifications and customer expectations.
• To support the sales teams by providing accurate information and data to customers on request
• Manage the SAP complaints system and provide direction and support on areas that require focus
• Liaise with production, distribution, and customers to investigate , define and negotiate appropriate resolution to complaints
• Work with other business functions to embed the Quality principles throughout the Company
• Benchmark against other industry best practice to drive improvements and enhance our customer's perception of the company.
• Manage relationships with the sites Pest Control contractor & ensure actions raised are addressed in an appropriate & timely manor
• Active membership of external organisation as seen appropriate for the business
• Minimum of 5 years effective management experience with food safety and quality systems - Essential
• Proven Technical/Quality knowledge within food manufacturing and excellent knowledge of GFSI, eg BRC standards - Essential
• Experience in working with major UK Retailers & Own Label Products - Essential
• Experience within FMCG or major multinational with Continuous Improvement or Lean Manufacturing Culture - Preferred
CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
• Working knowledge of UK & European regulations and standards and practical implementation
• Ability to train and communicate at all levels in an organisation
• Structured, organised & systematic work approach
• Commitment to achieving the highest possible quality standards
• Proactive and motivated by change
• Self-motivated person who uses initiative & takes responsibility in making decisions concerning the technical aspects of products
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility to deliver results in a timely manner & working the other EU Quality Team members
• Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as SharePoint, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (chemistry, chemical engineering or food science or related subject) - Essential.
(Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity)