|Job Ref:||204641890||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Weymouth||Address:||Post Code:||TF9||Salary:||£27000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
Manufacturing Project Engineer|
- £27,000 -£35,000
- Excellent company
Do you have an HNC in Engineering, preferably Manufacturing or Electro / Mechanical?
do you have knowledge in moving parts?
Do you have a Proven background in a Process Engineering function/ working at a Project Engineering level?
do you live in a commutable distance of Weymouth?
A leading engineering business in Weymouth who is investors in people and develop their team are looking to expand and hire a Manufacturing Project Engineer. You will implement appropriate techniques, processes and procedures to evaluate production metrics that will lead to process improvement activities, to ensure a robust and efficient manufacturing environment.
The role will involve;
- New product introduction and Supply Chain Management Project.
- Take the lead for Manufacturing Engineering on New Product Introduction to ensure a smooth transition from design to manufacture.
- Liaise with engineers throughout the design cycle and have active input to the design review process, Project plans, advice engineers on structure, part or material availability and specification, review and approve accuracy and structure.
- Attend design review meetings, as required by the project team leader, to confirm progress made, difficulties encountered and to receive information from other project team members.
- Complete project deliverable's as required to agreed targets (time, cost, quality).
- Identify and request necessary resources to enable pre-production build of products.
- Provide training to Production Engineers and operators for new products and technologies.
- Through appropriate testing and use of testing protocols and procedures, ensure new or modified items or assemblies are 'fit for purpose' and in line with overall design requirements.
You will need the following:
* HNC in Engineering, prefer Manufacturing or Electro / Mechanical or equivalent qualification.
* Previous experience in a Process Engineering function/ working at a Project Engineering level.
* Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes).
* Proven track record of driving Continuous improvement initiatives in a manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies and advantage.
Excellent opportunity with a dynamic innovative company