|Job Ref:||204641881||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Rickmansworth||Address:||Post Code:||WD3||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
Trainee Precision Grinder/Turner Engineering |
Multigrind is based in Rickmansworth, Watford and is a supplier of very high quality components to aerospace, medical and motorsport industries.
Salary: Top rates of pay.
Hours: Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 4:00pm, Friday 7:30am to 1:00 pm
Job Type: Permanent.
Job status: Full Time.
Location: Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire.
Benefits: Private medical care available.
Purpose of the position
Due to the expansion of our grinding department we are seeking a local, keen and enthusiastic person to join our busy team. This role would be most suited to an individual who has a keen interest in engineering and are eager to learn in a workshop environment all aspects of CNC and Manual Grinding.
No experience required but a mathematical mind and enthusiastic approach to engineering would be very beneficial.
Responsibilities & Duties
To assist senior staff members in the smooth running of the grinding department. Duties and training to include:
• Learn all aspects of grinding, to include, CNC, Cylindrical, Universal, Surface and Centreless grinding.
• Learn how to set up and prepare machines ready for use.
• Receive hands-on experience in operating a variety of machines.
• You will gain experience and knowledge of grinding parts to tight tolerances and using various types of measuring equipment including laser measurement.
• Fill out job cards and enter times correctly on our in-house CMS database.
• Learn how to use precision measuring equipment, how to check parts, tolerances and dimensions against technical drawings.
• Keep work areas tidy and maintain paperwork / traceability at all times in relation to our ISO policy.
• Pack parts in protective packaging to ensure no damage occurs in transit.
Academic & trades qualifications
Work experience & skills
• Computer / IT Skills.
• Any engineering experience.
• Previous experience of working in a similar manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
• Enthusiasm for general engineering.
• Good communicator
• Able to read and understand technical drawings and related paperwork.
• Fast learner.
• Team player