|Job Ref:||204641634||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:21|
Are you looking for a new exciting job opportunity?****|
We are lookng for a dedicated Project Engineer to take responsibility for contracts from the receipt of order through to completion. This requires you to be the central hub for information and ensure all parties are appropriately informed throughout the course of the project.
Day to day duties:
- Review the contract at the outset and check for any discrepancies between our quotation, acknowledgement of order, any proposal drawings, and the customer's specifications and expectations.
- Agree a schedule with the Sales, Design Office, Technical, Electrical Engineering and Factory Managers that also fits the customer's schedule, and to ensure that all key dates on this schedule are met. Maintain this schedule and keep all relevant parties informed.
- Supervise the preparation of the layout drawings for the customer to approve.
- Obtain the customers approval of the designs before detailed design.
- Ensure all items to be purchased that may have a long lead-time are pre-ordered in time.- Supervise the detailed design work.
- Check drawings prior to issuing to the Factory Manager for manufacture.
- If a main system control panel is included ensure that our subcontractor has sufficient details and time to be able to produce a good quality panel at a good price.
- Keep a detailed list of all deviations from the quotation and the contract as defined at the time of order. The Sales Manager is responsible for negotiating all variations in price but can only do so if kept informed.
- Ensure the contract file is kept up to date with comprehensive yet concise notes of meetings, phone calls etc.
- Check the manufacturing is proceeding as intended. It is never too late to correct a mistake but the earlier it is picked up the lower the cost of rectification.
- Invite the customer to inspect at a time that suits the manufacture.
- Ensure that delivery arrangements are made.
- Ensure manuals and spares quotations are prepared and sent early.
- Where appropriate supervise installation work and subcontractors. Installations may be abroad and include weekends. Flexibility for travel is essential.
- Commissioning of the equipment.
- Offer a technical backup service for the life of the equipment.
At all times it is essential the Project Engineer is aware of the status of each of his contracts and that all relevant parties are kept informed.
In addition to these duties it will be necessary to help cover for other Project Engineers or Project Managers when they are absent from the office.
The position is a key one within the Company and it is expected that the Project Engineers will contribute to the business with ideas for improved products and procedures.
Are you ? :
Completer finisher, accurate, organised, self motivated, innovative, Good, broad understanding of engineering and an effective communicator. Previous industrial/process engineering and project management would be advantageous. Be responsible and flexible in working hours management. English language is essential and other languages beneficial.
If you would like to apply for this job please send me your up to dtae CV asap
Yoh Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy