|Job Ref:||204641529||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ossett||Address:||Post Code:||WF5||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:37|
Here at Kerry Foods we lead the way in manufacturing and marketing chilled foods that delight consumers across the UK, Ireland and international markets. As well as creating the finest customer-branded chilled foods, we also own an impressive stable of our own household name brands, from Cheestrings, Yollies, Denny and Dairygold to Mattessons, Wall's and Richmond sausages.|
We have 6,000 people working across 14 manufacturing sites, as well as a number of commercial bases throughout the UK and Ireland, and together we drive a business with an annual turnover of €1.5 billion. Our open minded and forward-looking culture empowers our people to use their passion, skills and customer-centric focus to build on this success, driving our ambitious growth strategy, and ensuring we delight the tastes of tomorrow.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join our Engineering Function at our Kerry Foods site in Ossett, West Yorkshire. Our Ossett site is part of our Diary business and is home to a mix of popular and profitable brand and own label spreads. Reporting into the Site Engineering Manager, this is a permanent full time opportunity and requires an immediate start. We are currently reviewing candidates to be considered for interview, don't miss out! Apply now!
About the role:
* To drive delivery of asset life-cycle-management using the Kerry KAMS model and to support the delivery of projects and safety, health & environment in Kerry Foods
* To manage the on time and constant improvement of the reliability of all site services, plant equipment & utilities.
* To achieve success it is critical that the Maintenance Manager becomes the Site Technical Expert on utilities, process and equipment related issues and provide guidance on all site services issues.
* KAMS Implementation: Delivery of KAMS (Kerry Asset Management System) Implementation including supporting the site to come up with a strategy for engineering implementation & asset life-cycle-management
* AM roll out using new line op role as a conduit to passing over engineering tasks
* Implementation of essential engineering processes
* Planning and Scheduling Implementation
* People development plan
* PPS Integration into Engineering & reoccurrence prevention
* Engineering Document control
* People: Develop TNA for engineering team members and deliver development plans
* Implement performance management for all engineering team members
* Support EGL to develop and deliver KAMS training
* Manage Maintenance Materials & Spend: Develop with the EGL clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage this expenditure
* Communication: Agree rules of engagement around communication such that every level in the business receives positive communication around vision and progress against site objectives
* Liaise with Internal stakeholders, External Engineering Personnel and Third party service providers.
* Set up and management of Service Level Agreements for standard servicing & maintenance. of plant & utilities.
* Ensure contingency response for out of hours and critical failures.
* Ensure we have a system for communication which is covered under layered confirmation
* Training / Knowledge Transfer: Develop a training strategy for all engineering team members assessing current state and developing a plan to bridge the gaps
* Identify a resource to act as a trainer for engineering
* Systems: Ensure that all team members are trained on and using Work Request system
* Ensure all people/ HR related systems are trained and adhered to
* Manage Health Safety and Environment:
* Conduct risk assessment on processes and tasks in the Engineering
* Apply all required permits to work (including contractor control).
* Ensure relevant legal & regulatory requirements are adhered to with reference to hazardous materials
* Proactively ensure all team members have a proactive approach to H&S
* Relevant Engineering Level 3 Qualification
* Relevant experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
* Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills
* Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
* Proficient in the use of MS Office tools.
* Good understanding of Asset Management
* Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Understanding of Project Management methodology and use of MS Project
* Robust understanding and ability to apply in live situations the principles and tools of lean manufacturing.
* SAP experience would be an advantage.
* Ability to solve problems using 8 Step Practical Problem Solving. Working knowledge of CAD is an advantage
* The ability to identify and actively plan improvements.
* Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment
* Influencing Skills
* Able to meet deadlines
* Works well under pressure
* Good relationship building