|Job Ref:||204639460||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:17|
A Senior Performance Engineer role has become available to join one of the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel/natural gas engines. The brand is recognised worldwide and is synonymous with quality and reliability.|
The Senior engineer role will join the Performance Systems team with the primary objective to define the engine performance, software and calibration requirements for 1.7L 3 Cylinder and 2.2L 4 Cylinder engine platforms and provide approval of the installed engine performance provides superior performance, durability, quality, serviceability and emissions compliance. You will work to project manage the execution of the engine calibration and performance validation to meet the specified requirements, and resolve any highlighted problems from simulation, test or machine development / validation.
In this role you will work closely with a cross functional group of engineers spanning engine validation, mechanical systems, component / design, electronics & controls and engine performance & calibration groups to break down a high level project goals into detailed planned tasks and then execute the detailed actions.
* Minimum of 2:1 Bachelors or Master's degree in mechanical, electrical and electronic, or Control and Systems Engineering.
* Excellent understanding of internal combustion engine performance and fundamentals
* Experience of engine software or calibration development
* Experience of calibration and data analysis tools (CANape, CAMEO, Inca, DIAdem etc)
* Excellent analytical skills with ability to summarise and make clear technical recommendations with supporting data
* Good base knowledge of mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling and statistics
* Ability to perform complex assignments involving multifunctional disciplines
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both written and verbal, with team members and others in the work group, as well employees in other units, customers, and suppliers
* Experience of diesel engine and off-highway machine development (performance or mechanical)
* Experience of engine test cell operation, test setting and data capture
* Experience of machine development validation programs
* Appreciation of engine simulation techniques to aid with requirements/capability definition
* Working appreciation of key machine systems for performance optimisation or machine-engine control system integration
* Experience of telematics and data analytics of engine and machine field data
* Experience of a virtual verification and validation processes and techniques
* 6 sigma experience (Black belt preferable, Green Belt minimum)
* Some experience of Mathworks Matlab and Simulink, inc RT Workshop, State flow toolboxes
* Some experience of mathematical modelling of complicated physical problems for PC or real time HiL.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. If you have any questions on this Senior Performance Engineer position, please contact or call (Apply online only)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business