|Job Ref:||204639297||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bolton||Address:||Post Code:||NE66||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:17|
Demob Job Reference: J2644|
Job Title: New Product Introduction Manager
Location: Bolton, Lancashire
Salary: £Attractive Salary plus Benefits
Our client is a leader in the design and manufacture of digital signage products and operates within a variety of industry sectors. They now require a New Product Introduction Manager who will plan, define and implement verification and validation tests for new products during development and manage the regulatory compliance process at our client's site in Bolton. The successful candidate will manage a BoM Administrator and a team of technicians working with cross-functional development teams and production in the delivery of new products through the various test regimes.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) with a proven track record within a new product development environment.
- The successful candidate will own all test-related initiatives, execute on a roadmap and institute best engineering practices in the testing of our client's products.
- Accountable for the progression of the product BoM from concept to production handover whilst managing a team of technicians to assemble and test products.
- Project plan, create and deliver validation and verification processes for the client's products for conformance to client requirements, functional specifications and regulatory standards in a timely manner.
- Plan and coordinate prototype build and test activities across multi-disciplinary product development teams including all off-site regulatory testing.
- Collaborate with product development and manufacturing teams to incorporate optimal test methods throughout concept, development and launch phases of new product introductions.
- Perform and record validation tests feeding back results / issues for resolution to the product development teams.
- Utilise Design for Test (DFT) techniques i.e. BIST to evaluate and improve upon PCBA and high level assembly designs during new product development.
- Collaborate on risk analysis documents e.g. ISO 9001, FMEA, and with production on the smooth transition of products into manufacture.
- Evolve ISO 9001 new product development test strategies within a stage gate process using checklists, test methods and record keeping. Implement with engineering / software teams and test labs to streamline product development and delivery.
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork to ensure delivery of tested product to plan.
- Collaborate with Production Test to implement strategies and metrics to demonstrate products ongoing compliance in manufacturing.
- Ensure the client's products remain compliant with changing regulatory compliance.
- Maintain high standards with regards to documents, equipment, calibration, product test / set-up and reports.
- The successful candidate will be educated to Degree level in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Strong extensive background in new product development with strong knowledge in product verification and validation testing and regulatory compliance ideally within an ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Excellent team leadership and project management skills (ideally Prince 2 Practitioner) preferably using MS Projects.
- Good experience with circuit / PCB design, analysis and test techniques for analogue and digital circuitry.
- Similar related product development / test environment.
- Demonstrable ability to assess and drive the mitigation of technical risks by design, testing and documenting in technical file.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally with the ability to interface at all levels.
- Exposure to a broad range of directive and standards (CE, ideally also UL and CSA).
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Good working knowledge of LV, EMC, RT&EE/RED, RoHS Directives and associated standards.
- Ability to prepare technical files, test plans and test reports.
- Understanding of NPI approaches ideally familiar with stage-gate development processes.
- Familiar with the manufacturing test used for PCBA's and system sub-assemblies.
- £Attractive Salary.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Mon - Fri 37.5 hours per week