|Job Ref:||204639194||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South East||Address:||Salary:||£28 - £36/day||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:16|
My client is the UK's leading supplier of service to the nuclear industry at home and abroad. From plant design and construction through site operations, maintenance and decommissioning, my client brings a proven and safe track record to the delivery of low-carbon energy from nuclear power.|
The position would suit an individual motivated to succeed and comfortable working in a team environment. The role will involve working with a team of engineers and technicians in the completion of cradle to grave installations and modifications to plant and systems as part of a project investment delivery programme.
As EC&I Site Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Investment planning and business justification for projects
- Production of project programmes
- Site surveying and scope identification
- Requirements capture and optioneering
- Generation of health, safety and quality documentation
- Production of specifications (Functional & Technical)
- Engineering of solutions to given problems
- Creation of work packs including method statements & risk assessments
- Maintaining safety all in works undertaken in line with regulatory and compliance policies.
- Engineering drawings utilising AutoCAD (previous experience beneficial but not required)
- Fault finding, testing and commissioning of plant
- Electrical and instrumentation installations
- Working with Programmable Logic Controllers
- Instrumentation configuration and setup (e.g. dataloggers)
- Secondary roles within the team as required by the Engineer in Charge
- Identifying issues/improvements/recommendations to plant and equipment
- Working at height, in confined spaces and within radiological controlled areas.
- Basic IT skills required (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Flexibility with working hours will be required on occasion, often at short notice, to fit in with the process nature of projects. This may include extended hours, weekend working or night shift working in line with the working time regulations.
Candidates for the position of EC&I Site Engineer should have the following experience and qualifications:
- HNC in relevant discipline / Degree in relevant discipline beneficial
- Successful completion of current IEE Regulations Training
- IOSH Managing Safely System Work
- Order Specification experience preferential
- Hold CTC clearance
This is a contract position with an initial duration of 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
To apply please send a copy of an up to date cv or call (Apply online only) for more information