|Job Ref:||204639013||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Castle Donington||Address:||Post Code:||DE74||Salary:||£41141 - £51418/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:16|
A leading National electricity distribution operator is seeking a Systems Design Engineer based in Castle Donington, Derbyshire to join its expanding team. You will receive ongoing training and development, a competitive starting salary with annual increases and a host of personal company benefits such as increased holiday entitlement (25 days plus bank holidays) free parking and a generous pension.|
This company's electricity network covers some of the most beautiful and diverse terrain in the UK (rural and urban). As a company, it recognises the responsibility to operate in a way that minimises the impact on the environment and strive for new innovations and technologies to facilitate a sustainable low carbon future. As a Primary Systems Design Engineer, you will be joining an established group of specialised design engineers who are responsible for the initial stages of the design for new load connections on the EHV network.
As the Systems Design Engineer your duties will include:
* Assessments and design for new load connections and generator connections.
* Assessment of EHV network for compliance with the distribution licence.
* Provision of Connection Offers.
* The design of protection schemes and provision of protection settings and configuration files.
* Being responsible for the analysis, extension and development of 33KV, 66KV and 132KV networks within the East Midlands
* Carrying out both steady state and transient network analysis, analyse reinforcement plans as well as manage projects simultaneously.
To be a successful Systems Design Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
* A clear knowledge of the issues and principles associated with the EHV Network design and protection philosophy.
* Familiarity with network analysis tools including; IPSA, PSSE, DigSilent Power Factory, for example.
* Previously worked for a DNO, IDNO or consultancy as an Electrical Engineer, Project Engineer or Design Engineer.
In return, the Systems Design Engineer will receive a salary of £41,141 - £51,418 per annum