|Job Ref:||204638031||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:18|
Project Manager - Highways|
Kier Strategic Highways are looking to recruit a Project Manager to lead and manage the delivery of technical outputs for projects on time, to the quality required, and within the allocated budget, including primary client contact. This will be achieved by defining, controlling and delivering workflows in accordance with company procedures, whilst interfacing with technical and managerial staff.
* Manage the delivery of technical teams and the required outputs in accordance with the brief.
* Responsibility for implementing resourced and costed project programmes using Microsoft Project or other approved planning tools, for individual or multiple projects.
* Assist line manager with resource management for the team including optimisation of the resource balance. Maintain an accurate resource forecasting planner for the team, and regularly report resource requirements and availability to line manager, including short and medium term peaks and troughs in workload.
* Lead in the delivery of client outcomes, whilst meeting utilisation targets.
* Agreement of project briefs, proposals and deliverables.
* Maintain systems to produce financial, progress and performance reporting and management of project administration for all assigned project resources including, non-conformance reporting and actioning.
* Take responsibility for ensuring that the checking, certifying and authorising is completed for designs, documents, approvals, Professional Skill and Care Certificates and reports.
* Develop the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring less experienced staff and supporting their project management career development aspirations.
* Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Have an excellent track record in the delivery of highways or general civil engineering projects and be able to agree all the project outputs of the team(s) prior for issue.
* Strong knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
* Excellent communication and project management skills including leading and managing technical teams within a competitive business environment.
* Able to take the lead with client interfaces and manage project delivery on technical and business aspects of team outputs.
* Must be computer literate.
* Full driving licence
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer